Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well you can call me an old softie....

Brady's Old Lady

Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Going back a few years at my last job, I went through a stage where I had 4 managers in 15 months. It sucked. It was very demotivating and demoralising. Every time i'd proved myself to the current manager, there was a reorganization, and I had to start all over again.

I saw my first Albion game in 1967, and from the start of the 70s onwards I was a regular at the Goldstone, and went to a fair few away games. These days I don't get to go as often as I'd like but I've been to enough games over the last 3-4 years to develope a great affection for the nucleus of the current squad. I'm talking specifically about FDM, Watson, Mayo, DC,Chippy, Charlie and Nathan Jones. They along with BZ and Brooker were the mainstays of the team that MA put together, who along with a helping hand from the likes of Simon Morgan, Junior Lewis, Mark Cartwright and a few others, really turned it around for the Albion. Pretty much all of those players in the list above have been criticised at some stage on NSC recently, and in some cases it's been fully warranted. However the general feeling is that they are coasting and need a kick up the backside. Going on my experience detailed above I think they must be very demotivated by constantly having to prove themselves to a new man. Let's face it being a lower division footballer is not the safest occupation at the moment.

Obviously DK has done fantastic work behind the scenes - not least in employing MA. Adams then did his stuff by bringing the players in, and employing the right tactics etc. But it was these guys that actually went out there week on week, and turned us from being perennial conference dodgers into champions!

It would be lovely to think that under MM all of these players could rediscover their old spark, but ultimately the wellbeing of the football club is the bottom line. MM seems to know what he wants, and it may be that some of the above players have come to the end of their natural life with BHA. If that's the case I genuinely hope they all go onto other clubs and have further success, as they've all been heroes.

Sorry this as a bit waffly and meandering, but today's thread about the most memorable Albion game you've been to made me realise how many great day's I've had with this bunch of players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here