Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Well that lived up to all the hype...

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
After the Lord Mayor's show, complacency against a lower ranking side perhaps.
Sporting Life, who show no bias in their assessments say it was a dour game and forgettable with Ryan saving us early on.
I will read match thread after this to gauge your impressions.
Maybe the team should have been hypnotised to think it was Manure again.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
It reminded me of an old Division 3 South clash. Both teams running around with great effort but not much skill on show.

Just glad it's over and hopefully will not have a "M23 Derby" at the Amex for at least a year.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
It reminded me of an old Division 3 South clash. Both teams running around with great effort but not much skill on show.

Just glad it's over and hopefully will not have a "M23 Derby" at the Amex for at least a year.

Unless it's the FA Cup third round.

Please, God, no. :nono:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Whilst it was no great footballing spectacle, I enjoyed myself. Had a good sing song, and enjoyed the few moments of excitement on the pitch.

2 points dropped probably, but there will be points gained in future games we are not expecting to win.

The rivalry always makes this game a bit of a leveler, so I’m not too worried we didn’t beat them. We are still showing we can more than hold our own, and when we bolster our strike force in January we’ll be much better positioned.

I thought the Palace fringe show embarrassed themselves from beginning to end. Pathetic vandalism early morning, flares and bangers. Turning up with no tickets and marched back to the station. All very pointless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Yes very lively down the South end, more people Palace baiting, and vice versa, than watching the game. Was there any atmosphere in the North because it sure didn't travel?

I was in West Upper. Not quite the same proximity to the Palace bunch, but plenty of noise and atmosphere - noticeably more than usual

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I enjoyed the game, the Atmos was great and a lot louder than normal. The game has an edge about it and although the general play wasn’t great, the Albion deserved to win it for their 2nd half performance. The likes of Murray and for corners Dunk and Duffy need to be converting these chances into goals. We played some lovely balls into good areas and they couldn’t get the right touch. All in all I enjoyed it. Even the Holmesdale playgroups firecrackers didn’t bother me.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
To be fair most of the hype wasn't focused on the football but on their fans and they stole the show. Parading around the town as if they owned it, storming a gate and getting in for FREE , setting off firecrackers/smoke bombs with impunity.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
To be fair most of the hype wasn't focused on the football but on their fans and they stole the show. Parading around the town as if they owned it, storming a gate and getting in for FREE , setting off firecrackers/smoke bombs with impunity.
This is all true and you can only hope that some of them get caught and dealt with by the law.

CCTV and strict sentencing for football related disorder has stopped people from standing up for themselves so it is frustrating that the OB and stewards are not more on the case.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
After the Lord Mayor's show, complacency against a lower ranking side perhaps.
Sporting Life, who show no bias in their assessments say it was a dour game and forgettable with Ryan saving us early on.
I will read match thread after this to gauge your impressions.
Maybe the team should have been hypnotised to think it was Manure again.

The Sporting Life have nailed it :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here