Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well played Lincoln and thank you för making the FA Cup great agâin

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Brighton losing to a non league side, is kind of comforting. It's the club I know and love.

There's been times this season I've thought this was all a dream. Glad we're still the Brighton i remember.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
I'm more with the fact that we got stuffed by a NON-league team that our reserves should be able to play off any park, but couldn't and didn't. It doesn't say much for the back-up strength if any of our first choices become unavailable for the rest of the season. It also potentially ruins the overall momentum.

This. Need a bit of balance here, methinks. On the negative side, didnt see match but listened on R5L and clear that Lincoln were more up for it in second half. We could perhaps have won it in first half. The 'don't care it's only Mickey cup' attitude ignores that a) the second team really should have been able to dispose of Lincoln; b) more important, it denies the 2nd team another outing and gaining experience.

Against that. It does mean the Barnsley game can go ahead as planned, which is good. Lincoln are already a game or two behind most of the others in NL and will have the flip side of progressing in Cup: a fixture backlog. They lost to Barrow last week, and only have a point lead at top (albeit with two games in hand). If we get auto, they get PO, will feel this is a result well worth having.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
I hate these threads .......every time

Why do you hate 'these' threads?

I rëckon it was only about 25 years ago that I went there to see us, first game of the season.

Think we lost 2 - 0 but were class, ending up winnng the league.

I love going to proper clubs and having beers with their supporters.

Remember ẅhen we were in Lincoln City's position?

boik

I'm more with the fact that we got stuffed by a NON-league team that our reserves should be able to play off any park, but couldn't and didn't. It doesn't say much for the back-up strength if any of our first choices become unavailable for the rest of the season. It also potentially ruins the overall momentum.

I'll repeat for the hard of thinking. Any one of them will be fine coming into a settled side. Most of them have done it already this season. No need to panic, although the usual suspects do love a good panic. Not aimed at you by the way.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I'll repeat for the hard of thinking. Any one of them will be fine coming into a settled side. Most of them have done it already this season. No need to panic, although the usual suspects do love a good panic. Not aimed at you by the way.

Except today when it mattered. The players need to realise that their careers could be on the line - if they can't compete against Lincoln we might as well get rid and bring in some others that can, will and want to. They are supposed to be professionals, not some Sunday pub team trying to run off their collective hangover.

I don't object to getting beat by a better team, but surrendering to a non-league outfit is not in the script.

@Irritated Feline of Cheshire

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
What a totally braindead comment.clearly sent in by a moron!

Yes it is and yes it was.
A total kneejerk reaction by someone who hates losing more than I like to win, especially when there is alcohol flowing. Now piss off and leave me to wallow in my drink fuelled anger

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Next season, if we are a premiership team, I would be expect us to give much more of a damn about the FA cup. This year though it's just not our priority. Hope Lincoln have a great night and make a lot of money in the next round.

I doubt it will tbh, it will be about battling for survival and therefore just as likely that we rest our first team should we go up

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Lincoln, I hope you party all night!

You deserve it for making The cup come back with romance.

Hope you go all the way!!

I hope they do but don't kid yourself that the FA cup is great again Pickles you little chutney lover you.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Can some of the moaners on here just **** right off? It's only an embarrassment if you genuinely feel shamed by it, I'm not buying half of this "We should be embarrassed" bull****. You know what's embarrassing? Having a chance at the big time, for realistic eternal glory that WILL be written into the club's history just as boldly as any of our achievements so far-and some people are more concerned about whining and making a huge deal out of a complete irrelevance. This had to happen, it was for the best whether you like it or not. If we are completely honest, without exaggerating to appear more outraged then we actually are, did Lincoln outplay us? Not really. First half was controlled and good, second half less so but the three goals we conceded were a soft pen, an own goal from a youngster making his first professional start, and a mix-up at the back. These can happen at anytime for no particular reason, and unfortunately they happened all at once today-****ing get over it. The application was never going to be as high as the league (GOOD) but it was hardly unacceptable. If you can't deal with this tiny lapse which let's be honest, is actually much much better for us in the long run-then I suggest you shouldn't be supporting Brighton.

Oh ok mate, as long as you are happy. :facepalm:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Lincoln had more passion, more commitment and more desire to win the game.

Albion thought the game was won at half-time.

How many of the Albion's players could say that they put in an honest shift against a side 72 places league places lower than them this afternoon?

You can put in an honest shift but still make mistakes. It's called being human.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Very good post, agree 100%

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Oh ok mate, as long as you are happy. :facepalm:

Very much so. I believe it is for the best, though I see it as a shame others are so short-sighted.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The changes to the team are no excuse. Those players should be able to step up. They didn't, and Lincoln didn't let them. I thought the Imps were brilliant today. Well played to them. They are definitely going up.

Sent from my iPhone in a non-Calde world :-(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here