Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well done to BHAFC from a Boro fan

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Or maybe we could just play out a 0-0 draw to ensure we both get promoted. Not that anyone would really do something as disgusting as that. Oh when the saints.....

Chris H and Karanka having a pre-match love in, 90 minutes of tippy tappy around the centre circle, ole, ole from the crowd as Brighton notch up their one hundredth pass untouched, or tackled. 'Losing' the ball from a wayward 3 yard pass for Boro to do the same, and the 30k crowd will be going wild!! The stuff that dreams are made of.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
As it's such a great post from the OP, we'll let Boro get promoted with us.

(Just hope I haven't put the kiss of death on that one!)

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
No, no, no. We want to go into the last game with both us and Boro 3 points clear of Derby; Derby having a better goal difference than either of us. We then want Derby to win 3-0, with Boro to be leading 1-0 after 6 minutes of extra time (when the fourth official had indicated 2), when Bobby steps up and equalises at which point the ref turns to the camera, winks and blows up for Full Time. With a live stream to Pride Park with them all on the pitch.

I'd bloody love that.

I don't think my feeble ticker could cope with that.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Fair play to you mate; I obviously want Albion to finally get a home win against the Boro tomorrow but as the two Teesiders I know in Brighton are decent blokes I would be very happy with The Smoggies going up with us.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Nice post, but do hope you are crying into your beer at the party after a Christmas STUFFING :)........that said, would love it if Boro and BHA go up (and specifically not Derby). I'm dreaming that we are joint top, both 4 points clear of Derby before the last game of the season and we have a celebratory promotion game to decide the division.

Living the dream that would be !

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Didn't we beat them 2-1 at home last season?

Boro BN1

Dec 18, 2015
Nice post, but do hope you are crying into your beer at the party after a Christmas STUFFING :)........that said, would love it if Boro and BHA go up (and specifically not Derby). I'm dreaming that we are joint top, both 4 points clear of Derby before the last game of the season and we have a celebratory promotion game to decide the division.

I was dreading the last game of the season last year between the Boro and the Seagulls months before it came. We were flirting with automatic promotion and the Albion were flirting with relegation. I'd have hated for your survival to have hinged upon it.

As it happened, you secured your place a game before if I recall and we had already resigned ourselves to a playoff place, eventually losing to Norwich in the final. We weren't ready to go up anyway, but who would have predicted what Chris Hughton has achieved so far this season? And long may it continue as long as you finish below us. Although I'd happily accept 2nd if Brighton finished 1st.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I was dreading the last game of the season last year between the Boro and the Seagulls months before it came. We were flirting with automatic promotion and the Albion were flirting with relegation. I'd have hated for your survival to have hinged upon it.

As it happened, you secured your place a game before if I recall and we had already resigned ourselves to a playoff place, eventually losing to Norwich in the final. We weren't ready to go up anyway, but who would have predicted what Chris Hughton has achieved so far this season? And long may it continue as long as you finish below us. Although I'd happily accept 2nd if Brighton finished 1st.

Iv'e had enough of this love in :shutup:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
It is fair to say I know or have met several boro fans in my life and they are all great! Always find people who support 'proper' clubs to be much more knowledgable than plastic Man Utd/Chesea/Gunners etc.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I've met 87 different boro fans in my lifetime, and I feel like they are the most fantastic people on this EARTH, and although it was great to meet each and every amazing one of them, I just wish I could of taken things further, to a cosmic crescendo of sexual rapture. Hey Boro BN1, there's a party after the game tomorrow, maybe we could.................:wave:

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Strange isn't it? A couple of weeks ago there was a thread bemoaning the fact that a couple of uninformed muppets on a low brow Boro forum were daring to challenge whether we could stay the pace, showing 'a complete lack of respect', and typical of the slanty headed Neanderthals that populate the wilderness north of Watford. I seem to recall some posters were comparing them unfavourably to the classier Derby fans.

Somewhat of a volte face to this thread. Isn't it just a fact that all clubs have the good, the bad and the ugly in their ranks of supporters?

Boro BN1

Dec 18, 2015
I've met 87 different boro fans in my lifetime, and I feel like they are the most fantastic people on this EARTH, and although it was great to meet each and every amazing one of them, I just wish I could of taken things further, to a cosmic crescendo of sexual rapture. Hey Boro BN1, there's a party after the game tomorrow, maybe we could.................:wave:

Now I know what that compelling force was that brought me back to Brighton, I have fought so hard to dispel for the last 30 years I've been away

Who knows Wells?

Why don't you pluck up the courage at the after-match party and ask me for a :rave:

:)

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Now I know what that compelling force was that brought me back to Brighton, I have fought so hard to dispel for the last 30 years I've been away

Who knows Wells?

Why don't you pluck up the courage at the after-match party and ask me for a :rave:

:)

Weirdo :lolol:

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Strange isn't it? A couple of weeks ago there was a thread bemoaning the fact that a couple of uninformed muppets on a low brow Boro forum were daring to challenge whether we could stay the pace, showing 'a complete lack of respect', and typical of the slanty headed Neanderthals that populate the wilderness north of Watford. I seem to recall some posters were comparing them unfavourably to the classier Derby fans.

Somewhat of a volte face to this thread. Isn't it just a fact that all clubs have the good, the bad and the ugly in their ranks of supporters?

Agree with this. I can also state without hesitation that I fall into the good category. Unfortunately, many will unfairly place me with the ugly mob.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Really nice post Boro BN1, thanks; my mate John (Man Johnnie obviously) will be with us tomorrow and he is a big Boro fan. Likes the Albion as well as he also lives down here.

Let's hope for an Albion win and we both go up. Can't be doing with those tossers Derby and Hull, Burnley?? Meh!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Thanks for the opening post Boro BN1! And thanks for the memory of the game in which your fans were invited to seek cover. I'd forgotten that completely. Mid 80's?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Id sooner have easier game right now like against say Sunderland or Newcastle.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I saw the Boro at least twice at the Goldstone, once travelling down from the North East and once whilst I lived here. I particularly remember one midweek night game in the middle of a freezing winter and it was tanking down and we were in the open away end. The announcer said over the tannoy "Would the Middlesbrough fans like to make their way over to the main stand seats and get out of the rain". Brilliant! We were like drowned rats.

On a point of information for younger NSCers, there was never an "open away end" at the Goldstone, but I seem to recall fans being invited to move from the East Terrace into the South Stand.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
On a point of information for younger NSCers, there was never an "open away end" at the Goldstone, but I seem to recall fans being invited to move from the East Terrace into the South Stand.

Likely to have been an evening encounter in February 1990.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here