Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Well done southern water

Huple

Unregistered
May 28, 2008
Standish Sanatarium
:mad: And yes water does taste a lot different these days! It tastes like crap if you happen to swallow it in a area where Southern Water have illegally dumped it. It tastes like chlorine in certain parts of Brighton, to get a contrast.

For gods sake…. They have it in all water because it’s good to protect you’re teeth.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
:mad: And yes water does taste a lot different these days! It tastes like crap if you happen to swallow it in a area where Southern Water have illegally dumped it. It tastes like chlorine in certain parts of Brighton, to get a contrast.

Better hope it does have some taste of chlorine because without it you get a wee chance of some mild illness, the likes of cholera and typhoid and dysentery. At certain times of the year - Southern will be using more surface water (I think most of Brighton’s is borehole) so may be super and dechlorinating it - that when it tastes of more chlorine.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I'm not a far left loon - I consider myself a centrist - but I can see no reason why our key utilities should be anything but nationally owned.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I went past Morrison’s at about 4 ish and Police had blocked off the road. It appears that a main water main has burst there.
Mrs LLF has seen a post on the Worthing Facebook page about it.

The good news is I’m in B14 and our water has been okay.

Is there any privatised business that is better in private hands, than it was when nationalised. Before the Tories starved them of investment to make them inefficient as an excuse to sell them, obviously.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
I went past Morrison’s at about 4 ish and Police had blocked off the road. It appears that a main water main has burst there.
Mrs LLF has seen a post on the Worthing Facebook page about it.

The good news is I’m in B14 and our water has been okay.

Is there any privatised business that is better in private hands, than it was when nationalised. Before the Tories starved them of investment to make them inefficient as an excuse to sell them, obviously.

Post Office Telephones ???

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
I'm in BN14 and have been without water for nearly 6 hours now

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Another lefty wanting to nationalise everything. The ghost of Harold Wilson walks amongst us

He calls for one industry to be nationalised, yet you immediately twist this to claim he wants to nationalise everything

Typical Tory distortion, polarisation and scaremongering!

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
As with every other privatised 'industry' turning the stuff of life into a profit source the water 'companies', run for the private interest of shareholders rather than for the everyday needs of the public, the marine life and the planet, are a contemptible disgrace which should be renationalised without compensation. But..but...shareholders? Spluttering greedy 'Sids' with their handful of shares should be told 'tough shit': enough is enough. Those 'Sids' in all their different forms - short term investors recruited for political reasons - are complicit in soaring energy prices, freezing pensioners, the seafood we used to collect on Kingston Beach as as a kid being declared unfit for human consumption and the rock pools and shore wildlife being decimated and contaminated. Industries which serve basic human need should never be run for private profit, and the 'newspapers' run by unelected billionaires which legitimise and advocate for them need proper democratically elected editors. No private individual should be permitted to 'own' and dictate the editorials of a national media outlet. And our ludicrous first past the post electoral system, virtually unheard of elsewhere and only used here because it serves the interest of the Tories against a split opposition, should be declared a crime against democracy. Above all, though, Southern Water. Absolute filth. Renationalisation now.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
It's cheaper to pump shit in the sea, pay the paltry fine, then patch up and make a profit for shareholders than it is to do the job properly.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Southern Water. Absolute filth.

I’ve just emailed the above to Southern Water and they said thanks for the suggestion but for the time being they’ll probably stick with “Southern Water. Water for life.”

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
The house I am working on in Lancing had a leak below the stopcock last week and ruining my lovely newly plastered walls. The water meter isolator in the street wouldn't turn off the water to the house. Called Southern Water, they answered in 2-3 mins max. Then had a surveyor phone me an hour later for specifics. This was about lunchtime. By 4pm a couple of blokes had been, dug up the street, replaced the meter and isolator and a new access cover, retarmaced and were gone. I'd guess 5 hrs from call to the blokes leaving with the job done.

My one and only recent expereance with Southern Water. Brilliant service.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here