Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

well done hull trains!!!

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
letus sit 50mmins on train before anouncing that it wouldnt be going anywhere till 3oclock,giving us zero chance of changing route.!!!stayed on the piss in london till 11,gutted missed the game after speaking to brighton fans coming back,missed a good performance

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
should get a refund from hull trains,anyone had similar problems and have got their match ticket refunded?

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Anyone remember the 2000/01 trips to Halifax? Twice I got there to have the game called off. Only went ahead the 3rd time because it was the last Thursday before the end of the season and there was no time left to rearrange it.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
why only part refunded???

I don't know the details, but if the train eventually got to its' destination, however late, then you might be due a bit back. If the train was cancelled completely, and there was no other way of getting there, you might get a full refund, but they'll get out of it if they can.

The match was nothing to do with the train company, so they won't refund that - if you were heading for a plane journey, would you expect them to refund that ? No its' your responsiblity to get there. If the club did, that's another thing.

Hull Trains Refund Policy:-

Refunds

Because of disruption to train services

If the train you planned to catch is cancelled, delayed or your reservation will not be honoured and as a result you decide not to travel, you may return the ticket to any National Rail ticket office within 28 days and receive an immediate full refund (i.e. with no deduction for administration costs) from that ticket office. It is important that you are able to provide details of the train you travelled on so that your request can be verified.

Because you decide not to travel for other reasons

Even if the train service is running normally, but you decide not to use a ticket for your own reasons, you will be eligible for a refund in many cases so long as this is requested before the ticket expires. Dependent upon the ticket type, this may be subject to a £10 administration fee. Some Advance Purchase tickets (i.e. tickets valid for travel only on a specified train/date) are sold on a ‘no refund’ basis. Refunds will be considered where application is made prior to the date of travel on certain ticket types however.

What to do

Tickets bought from a National Rail ticket office, or a self-service ticket machine at a National Rail station, should be returned within 28 days to any National Rail ticket office.

If you bought your ticket from Hull Trains by telephone please post your ticket with a covering letter to:

Hull Trains Aftersales
P.O. Box 131,
Plymouth
Devon PL4 6XT

If your ticket was purchased from a National Rail-appointed travel agent, online via a website or on the telephone from another train company, or from an independent ticket retailer (e.g. thetrainline.com), please contact the people who sold it to you.

You may apply for a part or full refund on an unused ticket as long as certain conditions have been met. Refunds should be progressed through the original point of sale. If you are requesting a partial or full refund you must present your travel ticket along with any accompanying seat reservation tickets. Where the refund is in respect of delays, your ticket must be stamped by the Train Manager to verify that you travelled on the affected service.

Frequently asked questions | First Hull Trains

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
All down to Network Rail being twats with the time they was saying work was going to be done by. If they just came out and said straight away "Yeah, its a big problem and wont be fixed for a while" then fine - what i was told by a worker at Kings Cross.

Caught up in the same problem, Hull Trains arent open today (easier to give them a call to get a direct answer) but are M-F 9-5, should easily get something back. Id phone Hull City too, might refund your match ticket as a goodwill gesture or something, not promising anything though.

forrest

Aug 11, 2010
haywards heath
Yes Train company will most likely only refund part of your journey. You paid for them to take you to Hull. they will say the fact that you choose not to travel to Hull isn't their problem.

Years ago I was meant to be going to Swansea by train for an opening day fixture and dropped my wallet at Haywards Heath Station. Only found out when the ticket bloke came round to check tickets near East Croydon. long story short i got kicked of the train for not having a ticket. had to phone my old dear and get her to go to H. Heath station and pay for my ticket back from east Croydon. H, heath then phoned E Croydon to say the ticket had been payed for and I got issued a single back home.

After much hassle I managed to get the east Croydon to Swansea leg of my journey refunded.

Some bloke had found my wallet but instead of handing it in he kept it on him all day for safe keeping and gave it back to me me in the evening. Had he handed it in I could of still made my journey.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Anyone remember the 2000/01 trips to Halifax? Twice I got there to have the game called off. Only went ahead the 3rd time because it was the last Thursday before the end of the season and there was no time left to rearrange it.

Yes. I went up with a pal for the second time, and after we turned up at the ground and found out that it had been postponed, wandered over to the local park. Sat down on a park bench and watched a chatty BHA squad warm down around us! I must've been 30 but I felt 13; marvellous!

I'd be wary of assuming that anyone's experience of travelling with another train company is relevant to a journey on Hull Trains. Most train companies in Britain run under a franchise agreement. Hull Trains doesn't.

First Hull Trains is one of the two 'open-access' rail operators in the UK, meaning that instead of owning a franchise and operating a level of service laid down by the Strategic Rail Authority, it applied for, and was awarded in 2002, access rights for 10 years by the Office of the Rail Regulator. This was extended to December 2014 in January 2009, and in March 2009 was further extended to 2016.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I'd be wary of assuming that anyone's experience of travelling with another train company is relevant to a journey on Hull Trains. Most train companies in Britain run under a franchise agreement. Hull Trains doesn't.

First Hull Trains is one of the two 'open-access' rail operators in the UK, meaning that instead of owning a franchise and operating a level of service laid down by the Strategic Rail Authority, it applied for, and was awarded in 2002, access rights for 10 years by the Office of the Rail Regulator. This was extended to December 2014 in January 2009, and in March 2009 was further extended to 2016.

This, most TOCs operate a delay repay scheme, like Southern and FCC - but HT are a small company and dont have such a scheme, one of the few that doesnt. This makes getting money back a bit more harder. Cant see anyone affected getting money back (probably as a rail voucher) for a few weeks as they will probably want to "investigate" and will want your tickets. For the journey up, i would have thought that would be a full refund myself as you would of arrived 2 hours late. Coming back - not sure as travel wasnt attempted.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Yes. I went up with a pal for the second time, and after we turned up at the ground and found out that it had been postponed, wandered over to the local park. Sat down on a park bench and watched a chatty BHA squad warm down around us! I must've been 30 but I felt 13; marvellous!

I went up all three times. First time was just outside Halifax when we heard, second time as in the pub along the road when we found out. Third time got free tickets which kinda of made up for it, especially since we were League Champions by then. What made me laugh was the fact that the program was the one they had printed for the original fixture date a few months before. They gave us a "guard of honour" on to the pitch and MA played a lot of kids. They needed a point to stay up and it ended 1-1 with us singing we're going up, you're staying up. End of the game their fans all invaded the pitch and came running down to our end. Spent about an hour shaking hands with their fans. Great night.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
I went up all three times. First time was just outside Halifax when we heard, second time as in the pub along the road when we found out. Third time got free tickets which kinda of made up for it, especially since we were League Champions by then. What made me laugh was the fact that the program was the one they had printed for the original fixture date a few months before. They gave us a "guard of honour" on to the pitch and MA played a lot of kids. They needed a point to stay up and it ended 1-1 with us singing we're going up, you're staying up. End of the game their fans all invaded the pitch and came running down to our end. Spent about an hour shaking hands with their fans. Great night.

Having had to turn off the Sky commentary as the combined forces of Neville's somnambulant whiny drone and Tyler's hyperbolic bollocks trying to tell me that the Premiership is the best league in the world, oh how we've missed it, and by implication that "the Olympics were a bit of a crappy waste of time weren't they Coke-drinking Foster's-swigging McDonald's-scoffing footie fans?", reading this post is EXACTLY what I like about football. Yes we make sacrifices, yes we spend money traversing the rail network, and yes we want 3 points, but meeting our virtual dopplegangers in a place like Halifax in the lower reaches of football, drinking their beer and laughing and talking and slapping backs for a few hours - we can't forget the past or we'll never appreciate our future!

HalifaxSeagull

Aug 24, 2010

I was thinking about this last night when I walked past the ground on route to the pub! I lived at home in Ilkey at the time and me, dad and my bro drove across on both cancelled occasions. Only a small 45mins trip compared to the majority of the fans, but still annoying. I don't think we made the 3rd journey which was a shame.

I may have to get to a few matches at the Shay this season, it's only 5mins on foot and there's a cracking boozer nearby!

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
letus sit 50mmins on train before anouncing that it wouldnt be going anywhere till 3oclock,giving us zero chance of changing route.!!!stayed on the piss in london till 11,gutted missed the game after speaking to brighton fans coming back,missed a good performance

I regularly get Hull Trains' trains, and they are excellent. I actually plan my journeys to use their trains when I can

From other reports, it was down to Network Rail's infrastucture problems, and no doubt the usual lack of information from them on the progress of their problems.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here