Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Well done Graham

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I thought the team played very well tonight so a big well done and much credit to Graham Potter. Now the hard part begins: keeping the good form going.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
I'm sure the more consistent selections of late are helping us create better understanding on the pitch.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Well done indeed. He looked a bit haggard in the post-match interview. The stress levels of the last few months must have been incredible. For a young manager in only his second season in the Premier League he is doing amazingly well. OK, we're not out of the woods yet, but I'm extremely pleased for GP. He's one of the good guys, and deserves a decent night's sleep tonight. Although I expect he'll be up early tomorrow working on tactics for the Liverpool match.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Credit to Mr Potter. Looks like the team has slipped into gear and it was indeed "just around the corner" after all. Sanchez was the right decision in retrospect too. The influence of Veltman. The Mac-Trossard-and-now-Gross combo. Bissouma and White. The first 11 is solidifying.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I’ve been a savage critic but today he got everything right. Didn’t mess with the team, he’s allowing a settled side to develop, subs right assuming Veltmans was forced (if not that was odd), solid at the back. I’m glad Connolys shocker didn’t ruin it for him.

Let’s hope this is the start of better results for rest of season.

^^ What he said ^^

Yes I'll have what OP is drinking :)

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Got it spot on today and I think sticking with a more settled line up certainly reaped fruits. He’s also found the spot where Ali Mac is most effective.

Also I was fretting that he wasn’t going to use any substitutes so I was very pleased that he took Veltman off (as opposed to a midfielder) for Burn and brought Connolly and Lallana on (experienced head with fresh legs) too. Certainly saw us through the last 10 minutes a lot easier! :albion2:

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
Just one criticism, get the coaching to help Connolly to stop falling to the floor as much, .....)

I have a hunch that a certain Mr Murray might have something to do with that?
AC has been around the club for a number of years now and will have watched Glenn win countless free kicks by doing exactly that.

Unfortunately, whilst Glen was an absolute master of his craft, young Aarron looks to be a pretty poor apprentice at it.
I agree with you Mex, Aarron should stop it now.
Take a leaf out of Maupay's book and actually use his stocky build to hold off defenders and keep possession of the ball a bit more.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
I’ve been a savage critic but today he got everything right. Didn’t mess with the team, he’s allowing a settled side to develop, subs right assuming Veltmans was forced (if not that was odd), solid at the back. I’m glad Connolys shocker didn’t ruin it for him.

Let’s hope this is the start of better results for rest of season.

NO, NO,NO.
It was Spurs being SHITE, nothing to do with Potter.
Don’t you listen to pundits ?

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
GP is a manager who has made changes when he knows things aren`t working , boy is that rare . Against Fulham the unnecessary messing about at the back stopped , and tonight the second man at the corners stopped . Got so much respect for the guy in a tough situation , and after tonight i can see us doing well . Have to finish on a moan , got worried when our first sub was a defender ! . As the thread says Well done and thanks Graham .:thumbsup:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Frankly - and I can only speak for myself here - but I've had enough of Mr Potter. Ever since the Arsenal defeat when I completely lost the plot at the team selection, we've...

- Fought back from 1-3 down at h/t to draw 3-3 with Wolves
- Beaten Newport County away on a ploughed field in the 3rd round of the Cup
- Pushed Man City all the way at the Ethiad
- Beaten Leeds away
- Beaten Blackpool to reach the last 16 in the FA Cup
- Picked up a point vs. an improving Fulham
- Beaten Spurs

And only 3 goals conceded in the last six games.

If he's trying to make me look like a right tit, he's succeeded :rant:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here