Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well done Derby

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
They are a better side than I realised. The confidence in their squad took them up a notch as well. Very good manager is Mclaren.
In the first two games with them I thought they were on a par with us but today......... A different planet.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I think everything went against us, injuries and big decisions in particular but even without the rub of the green I suspect the same outcome would have occurred.

Good luck Derby. You're a good side doing it the right way:clap2:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Well done Derby. Out of the 4 sides in the play off spots they are the best team and deserve to go up.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Well done Derby,agree they ripped us apart today,good manager and backroom staff including Eric Steele.
Hope they go up beating QPR in final.Rednap must be twitching like mad thinking they will have to beat Derby in the final to stop them going into administration.At least a team that has taken maximum points off us go up.

westdeneram

May 11, 2014
Hi. I can see that you folks have other things on your plate at the moment but I'd just like to post on behalf of all DCFC fans and say how impressed we have been at the dignity and friendship offered by Brighton fans over the last week or so.

Our boards have been full of friendly seagulls fans enjoying banter and now offering congratulations and encouragement.

I have to say you have been a credit to your club.

Good luck in the future and we look forward to playing you again. (but not next season!)

Just for the record I lived in westdene for 3 years and so Brighton is very close to my heart - good luck with your search for a new manger if that's how it pans out. - But hands off Schteve - he's ours.

Westdeneram

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Probably the nicest Championship Stadium I've been too (bar the Amex). Good match day experience, nice - friendly fans, easy parking. In fact In the time it took to get out of the uni parking on Thursday, I was probably almost at Watford Gap in the same time tonight.

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
Yep & your be seeing them again next season after they lose at wembley average side made to look good by our woeful display

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Probably the nicest Championship Stadium I've been too (bar the Amex). Good match day experience, nice - friendly fans, easy parking. In fact In the time it took to get out of the uni parking on Thursday, I was probably almost at Watford Gap in the same time tonight.

Always liked it better than the other Lego stadiums like Leicester.

The one thing that makes me laugh is the sponsorship they plaster on everything though. I've never seen a club with so much corporate crap. Aside from a dull as ditchwater half time presentation from their old shirt sponsors to their new ones, they had match sponsors, ball sponsors and stadium sponsors (standard, I know).

Then each stand has a corporate name, and lots of lounge facilities no doubt. The scoreboard is sponsored. The MoM award is sponsored. The half time fun & games are sponsored. The goals may well be too (URGH. They have GOAL MUSIC also). Even their substitutions are "In association with" some company or other. Who rings a football club & asks to sponsor the matchday substitutions, FFS?

I like them as a club, they're a great side and almost without exception, I've met lovely Derby fans this week. But jeez...I don't think there's anything left in that stadium that doesn't have a company name on. Wait- the toilets! Call the commercial team!

This post has been brought to you in association with Wolf Blass wines, and Davidstow Cheddar (on toast).

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
They really made us look utterly shit today, and we're not shit, ask QPR/Leicester/Burnley/Wigan or any of the other top sides we have beaten this season.

Got to give them credit, they're streets ahead of us. On the pitch, we are definitely not quite PLR.

The weakest team going into the play-offs always seems to end up making it to the Prem, sod's law it wasn't to be.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Oh. The added time at the end of the match was sponsored too. I just remembered that :facepalm:

FriendlyRam

May 4, 2014
All the sponsoring drives me crazy too.
Don't get me started on goal music or fan cam.

Anyway, all the best next season (apart from if we meet again)
Good away support. Shame our two clubs didn't meet in the final.

I hope you're not too harsh on your manager and I hope he's not resigned. You're a good side. Don't swap it for some percentage rubbish.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Weird how Leicester streaked away with this league and yet we comfortably beat them twice. From the evidence I've seen, Derby are a far better side, & more entertaining to watch.

Yep & your be seeing them again next season after they lose at wembley average side made to look good by our woeful display

Certainly I wouldn't judge them on our games, given our awful naive defending. How good they are against properly organised teams, we'll find out in the final

ridda

Oct 6, 2003
BN1
If wigan beat QPR then the final will be two teams with a similar style of play, and my money would be on wigan who have much stronger players. and as for derby being a lot better than us just remember the first 25 mins on thursday when it was like Barcelona playing whitehawk the game only changed when we gave away a stupid penalty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here