Well done Cardiff + all the threads laughing at Palace's penalties! (merged)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

serial thriller

I'm a Palace fan
Aug 7, 2011
Wasn't there, can't be arsed to explain why although I have been to every previous League cup match this season. It makes me laugh when I come on here after a great palace win (been pretty frequent this year, mind you). We played a brilliant cup perfromance today, soaking up the pressure and getting the crucial goal. While you're lingering around mid-table, we're a club that's going places - namely, Wembley. I'm sure you'll all whinge on about attendances, but how about Cardiff, who couldn't even sell out there 2500 tickets for tonight. We've already sold out our 4000 for the return leg. Atmosphere sounded buzzing tonight, can't wait to get involved in it in Cardiff, this is something special!

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
I had a tenner on a 1-1 draw (11/2). :down:

Just hope Cardiff can turn it around in the second leg but I'm not so sure now without an away goal. If it was at Ninian Park the atmosphere would be very hostile and the Palarse fans fearing for their safety if they managed to get through.

D

Deleted member 18477

Definitely? The commentator said they did...

ahh my bad. they kind of count...

'If the aggregate scores are level at the end of the 90 minutes, then extra time takes place to determine the winner. If after extra time the aggregate tie still prevails, the away goals rule determines the winner.'

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
ahh my bad. they kind of count...

'If the aggregate scores are level at the end of the 90 minutes, then extra time takes place to determine the winner. If after extra time the aggregate tie still prevails, the away goals rule determines the winner.'

Let's hope for extra time and LOTS of injuries and suspensions then

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Can you imagine Palace in Europe? Do you reckon any of their fans have / can get passports? :lol:

Sickening thought. Just hope they get beaten by a team from somewhere like Macedonia in the preliminary round.

serial thriller

I'm a Palace fan
Aug 7, 2011
Can I also point out that our attendance tonight is bigger by over a thousand than your highest attendance this season. Oh well, that's your straw gone.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Can I also point out that our attendance tonight is bigger by over a thousand than your highest attendance this season. Oh well, that's your straw gone.
Not really. Your average gate is lower than our lowest of 3 cup crowds this season. Even visits from Wrexham and Gillingham have attracted more to the Amex than the average championship club does to your shed, you tin pot twat.

serial thriller

I'm a Palace fan
Aug 7, 2011
Where did your mystery fans materialise from then? Groupon? Mobile phone top-up vouchers? Day release? Please explain.

Dunno. Maybe they were Brighton plastics who were sick of watching dull performances in a sterile plastic stadium, and wanted to go and watch history being made in a proper footballing, atmospheric environment?

Dunno. Maybe they were Brighton plastics who were sick of watching dull performances in a sterile plastic stadium, and wanted to go and watch history being made in a proper footballing, atmospheric environment?

From what I heard there was more atmosphere on the moon than there was at shitehurst. plastic pikeys.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports