Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well done Calderon

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Summer 2010: spending way above their income S'ton almost poached him, no doubt on far bigger money, but at the 11th hour he changed his mind and stayed with us..

I was pleasantly stunned when the news came through. As good as great new signing, as he was a star of the Withdean team of winners being assembled by Gus.

Another tick to Calderon ... loyalty to the Albion.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'm sure I saw him doing this to this south stand initially, before walking past the east for the north stand - top, top man. I think the result meant an awful lot to him, showed one heck of a lot of passion about the result on the final whistle.

I think the whole team showed a lot of desire/passion during the game, hats of to all of them.

Missed that bit (I'm in east).... You are right it did matter a lot to him...and the whole team knew how important it was to us supporters

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Thought he was pretty poor in the first half, probably nerves, but he settled down in the second half and had a decent game all in all.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Completely agree! Not sure if he suits playing every game but that's not to say he should be a back-up. Think the first stand by in about 4 or 5 positions keeps him fresh and lets him help others out. Coach one day I'm sure and a thoroughly great person!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Loved Calde's little chip over the player right near the end as he flew down the wing
That's the kind of inter-play Buckley gets from Calde that he doesn't get from Bruno.

Which is why I think Bruno, usually, is the better player, but Calde is better for the team.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
He said on the Roar on Saturday that last season he did really appreciate the rivalry with Palace. This time around he was in no doubt. It's up on iTunes now.

He's out of contract at the end of the season. I seriously hope the club offers him another one.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
He definitely struggled first half but really stepped up second half with some great tackles and runs forward. When he rinsed their defender to speed past him and put a ball in near the end was quality. He's so important to this club, fantastic character, model pro and vital for Gus getting the additional Spaniards in

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here