Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well done Albion

Holloway Seagull

Nov 1, 2009
Hi Guys,

Long time fan and long time NSC reader with a few thoughts about today's game.

First of all I was very impressed with the team's (Poyet's) approach to the game, throughout we attempted to get the ball on the floor and pass it, and were by no means disgraced against a very decent Villa side, whose pace across the whole team was a constant worry.

It is great to see that the team are gradually coming around to Poyet's way of playing, and I would certainly rather see us go down passing and moving than hoofing and lumping Villa off the park.

Personally I thought our stand out players were Virgo, Calderon and Navarro.

I thought Virgs' looked bang-up for it and his tackling was superb, Navarro's passing and composure from the first minute was great, particually when others seemed a little shocked by the rapid pace of Villa across the pitch.

Calderon would be my Albion MOM, he was immense. What a hero, he was solid, got forward well, tackled well; and although I was gutted to see Whingy not in the squad (is his team FFS, cut him slack Gus), his performance well and truly justified his inclusion.

Was a little dissapointed by Bennett, who was OK but I felt lacked a bit of confidence and seemed a little overawed by the occasion, however he did link up with Murray well on a couple of occasions.

Well done Albion, lets finish the season playing in this fashion and build a top-six capable side for next season!

Up the Albion

Camp Freddy

Sep 23, 2004
Wiltshire
Some of our passing didn't look out of palce at Villa Park today. Superb day. I could get used to watching players like that in that sort of arena.

Last edited:

Addiseagull

Nov 30, 2005
I was gutted to see Whingy not in the squad (is his team FFS, cut him slack Gus), his performance well and truly justified his inclusion.

Why? Poyet makes decisions on talent not sentiment. Whing not good enough so not involved. We should be pleased we have a manager who makes decisions with his head not his heart.

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Hi Guys,

Long time fan and long time NSC reader with a few thoughts about today's game.

First of all I was very impressed with the team's (Poyet's) approach to the game, throughout we attempted to get the ball on the floor and pass it, and were by no means disgraced against a very decent Villa side, whose pace across the whole team was a constant worry.

It is great to see that the team are gradually coming around to Poyet's way of playing, and I would certainly rather see us go down passing and moving than hoofing and lumping Villa off the park.

Personally I thought our stand out players were Virgo, Calderon and Navarro.

I thought Virgs' looked bang-up for it and his tackling was superb, Navarro's passing and composure from the first minute was great, particually when others seemed a little shocked by the rapid pace of Villa across the pitch.

Calderon would be my Albion MOM, he was immense. What a hero, he was solid, got forward well, tackled well; and although I was gutted to see Whingy not in the squad (is his team FFS, cut him slack Gus), his performance well and truly justified his inclusion.

Was a little dissapointed by Bennett, who was OK but I felt lacked a bit of confidence and seemed a little overawed by the occasion, however he did link up with Murray well on a couple of occasions.

Well done Albion, lets finish the season playing in this fashion and build a top-six capable side for next season!

Up the Albion

Cannot believe the luxuries they get in prison now:ohmy: Laptops in your own cell, and they even let you out to watch the game !

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
awesome performance.
they way we stuck to our game after conceding that early goal was great to see.showed how far we've come in the short time poyets been in charge.
i thought dicker was class today too,the passing game seems to be more his style,and with the ball at his feet he always looks comfortable.my mate from uni was with me, hes seen us play a few times before but picked out dicker as a class act today.

what a day,plenty more like that in the future will definately not go a miss!

up the albion!

kevhome2

Jan 20, 2010
Proud

The supporters, players, staff, the whole club did itself proud today, well done!

Even though I had to sit with the Villa in the North Lower it was a top day!

:thumbsup:

Paul Skinback

Oct 3, 2009
Not that it would mean a jot to some of you uncouth fuckers, but well done today. From what i heard on the radio you gave a decent account of yourselves.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Brilliant,just brilliant.

We played well with very little hoofball,and did not disgrace ourselves.Villa,even a slightly understrength Villa, were a very good side,fast of move and mind.

We did well,so Up the Albion and well played Gus's team.

Holloway Seagull

Nov 1, 2009
Yeah, in all fairness I probably agree that leaving Whing out was in the cold-light of day the right thing to do, but for a cup match i'm sure he could have found space on the bench for him (instead of Hoyte).

+ I'm not in prison

Helter

Jan 4, 2010
I got into the north stand upper, row f, seat 47. It was easier getting into villa park than it is getting into prison.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Just finished work - wish I could have been there - sounds like it was a great day out

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here