Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well done 1901 Club

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I was in there once. They're all comparing their cocks to the size of the coffee cups. Leave them to it I say.

There should be a 1901 NSC for the wealthy posters so they can rack on about the free hot dogs and caviare voleuveants in peace.

What a brilliant idea! That way, we can choose in advance whether or not we are prepared to read other people's views/ideas on football/BHAFC/quality of the food in the stadium based on personal circumstances. If we think that we're unlikely to agree with them, we don't have to open "their" NSC.

Tell you what; why stop there? As well as a 1901 NSC, we can have Gay NSC, Black NSC, People Who Don't Live within 30 Miles NSC, Female NSC and I Can't Spell NSC.

I'm sure I've forgotten some prejudices that could create still more NSCs.

D

Deleted User X18H

Juice lounge appeared to be less full than last season yesterday. Pies were very good. £14 buffet looked a little uninspiring . No host at all. So no team news. Irish doorman is a top bloke . Reminds me of Bertie Ahern. Coffee cups smaller again , but coffee and teas better organised. Not too bad getting a beer after the match. Migrated to Heineken instead of BUPA, lots of staff standing around in there doing not much.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Oh well, my heart was in the right place. Just thought a little bit of praise was deserved on this occasion. We are all very quick to moan, gripe and bed-wet. Just thought I'd try and change the tone.

Ok; so let's moan again. Not ONE person had the £19 buffet option in our lounge for the second game running. Serious question - where does all that waste go?

D

Deleted User X18H

Oh well, my heart was in the right place. Just thought a little bit of praise was deserved on this occasion. We are all very quick to moan, gripe and bed-wet. Just thought I'd try and change the tone.

Ok; so let's moan again. Not ONE person had the £19 buffet option in our lounge for the second game running. Serious question - where does all that waste go?
Well on Tuesday they were giving it way for free.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Yesterday was my first experience of 1901. I was in the Mayo etc lounge. My thoughts/observations:

Lounge was reasonably busy, but not buzzing (holidays, perhaps?)
Queue length for drinks before and after the game were fine - 2-4 minutes.
Food range was fine (I know it hasn't been before): £14 buffet, £19 buffet, Pies, crisps/chocolate etc.
Prices for the buffet too steep (by about £4 for each?), but quality looked ok, but not exciting.
Queue was long for half-time tea/coffee - by the time I got to the front of the queue, they'd run out of coffee.
My new "neighbours" in the stand were both long-standing, knowledgeable and engaging Albion fans. As were the two guys I spoke to the coffee queue.
We did have a lounge host, who read out the team and offered to do the same for the Derby team, but nobody was bothered with their team!
The permanent lounge staff were polite and knew lots of people by name. This added to the personal experience.
The catering supervisor/manager knew what she was doing and kept an eye on the younger staff.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I sit in EU and it is true that people disappear at 40 mins and 85 mins and come back at 50 mins all over the ground. It is however noticeable that the half time break is considerably longer and involves a larger percentage in the middle west tier.

I reckon most stands are probably between 10% and 20% empty come the 2nd half, but the 1901 tier is almost empty. It is very similar to wembley during an England game

I sat at half-time and had a conversation recalling the much discussed annoyance at 1901's being charged £19 for a curry and how no one was buying. I was surprised that most 1901's still did not make an appearance till the 50th minute.

To be fair, there've been a couple of occasions when I've been inside the 1901 or on the concourse having a chat and missed the start of the half because it's surprisingly hard to hear anything at all of what's happening inside. If you don't see the signs on the telly, you can't tell the teams are back out.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
What a brilliant idea! That way, we can choose in advance whether or not we are prepared to read other people's views/ideas on football/BHAFC/quality of the food in the stadium based on personal circumstances. If we think that we're unlikely to agree with them, we don't have to open "their" NSC.

Tell you what; why stop there? As well as a 1901 NSC, we can have Gay NSC, Black NSC, People Who Don't Live within 30 Miles NSC, Female NSC and I Can't Spell NSC.
I'm sure I've forgotten some prejudices that could create still more NSCs.
Just the sort of post he deserved. Thank you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here