Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Welcoming refugees. Well done Brits!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I really can't see why the French have any real interest in helping, tbh.
'We' chose to go it alone, therefore if it's a problem (which it seems to be for some), then it's down to the government to solve it...or not.
If they can't, well, so be it.

Well I would have thought the death of 30 innocent people near their beaches might provide a little motivation for them wouldn’t you say?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Not sure that it's *their* "vile dinghy trade", but should they fail, I have utmost confidence in our own government to take control of the situation, which must be a great weight off your (and others) mind.

It seems when the boat people arrive into UK waters we do “control” our borders, they get picked up and their processing begins, are you suggesting by taking control of our borders we should line gun boats up and turn them back?

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
I wont hold my breath at France finally throwing the kitchen sink at the criminal gangs in France and putting an end to their vile dinghy trade but there appears to be a mood change over there now a large number are dead......... we can only hope this tragic event will finally spur them into serious action.
Hopefully they have a plan and mass arrests are coming.

I won't hold my breath at this incompetent government resolving it nor their support base blaming everyone exept them despite the boat crossings increasing six fold under their watch. At the end of the day, all the time the people that voted for them, and would again, never hold them to account for the reasons they elected them i.e. supposedly tough on immigration / controlling borders, the problem will fester and get worse. No accountability

[tweet]1463761341118828544[/tweet]

Last edited:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Well I would have thought the death of 30 innocent people near their beaches might provide a little motivation for them wouldn’t you say?

I don't believe it is about motivation; it's more to do with structures of collaboration and communication and a measure of self interest on both sides.

That has been compromised, not humanity itself.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
No one, either British nor French (or any other nationality) should forget that this is a human tragedy generated by desperation and facilitated by criminality.

It is time to stop demonising/constantly criticising/laying responsibility on other nationalities and start dealing constructively and collectively as humans to find solutions. Nationalism should have no place in this debate.......
Sadly this is going to get considerably worse, it isn't going to go away. Everyone deserves a chance in life and if they are put in an intolerable position in their own country be it by politics, ethnic cleansing,religious intolerance, climate change or an economic collapse, they will be driven to migrate.

This has happened for centuries, its just the scale that changes.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Sadly this is going to get considerably worse, it isn't going to go away. Eve ryone deserves a chance in life and if they are put in an intolerable position in their own country be it by politics, ethnic cleansing,religious intolerance, climate change or an economic collapse, they will be driven to migrate.

Good post.

It can never be eliminated.

The way we respond should reflect our humanity, not our nationality - and xenophobia and the 'blame-game' is an obstacle to 'reducing the scale'..

Randy McNob

Jun 13, 2020
Good post.

It can never be eliminated.

The way we respond should reflect our humanity, not our nationality - and xenophobia and the 'blame-game' is an obstacle to 'reducing the scale'..

not to mention the displacement of people from war torn countries will have our fingerprints over it whether it be our foreign policy or arms trading. Reap what you sow

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1463603286649544705[/tweet]

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
not to mention the displacement of people from war torn countries will have our fingerprints over it whether it be our foreign policy or arms trading. Reap what you sow

If my fingerprints are over the arms deals, then I feel I deserve a cut of some of the profits of these deals. I haven't seen a penny yet.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Sadly this is going to get considerably worse, it isn't going to go away. Everyone deserves a chance in life and if they are put in an intolerable position in their own country be it by politics, ethnic cleansing,religious intolerance, climate change or an economic collapse, they will be driven to migrate.

Exactly. Indeed the United States only exists as the nation it does today because of the vast swathes of English, Scottish, Irish and Italian (and later German) people fleeing poverty and various other crises on this side of the Atlantic. Sadly though in this country our reaction has always been the same, look at the way we reacted to German Jews arriving in the 1930s.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Important to remember we put the Blair government in with a 66 seat majority in 2005 after the Iraq war....

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
Important to remember we put the Blair government in with a 66 seat majority in 2005 after the Iraq war....

Indeed, it doesn't really matter who is in power. The Global elites and industrial military complex will cause unrest, war and chaos knowing fully that it will also cause further chaos and tragedy in the form of mass migration. It's almost as if they don't care about anything but accumulating more wealth and power

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I don't believe it is about motivation; it's more to do with structures of collaboration and communication and a measure of self interest on both sides.

That has been compromised, not humanity itself.

MP for Calais on Radio 5 this morning, suggested that the UK were at fault with this ongoing situation by making the UK ‘magnifique ‘ nice houses money etc
This all the while while photos are circulating of French Police watching on as people climb into dingys on the beach.

Let’s be brutally honest the French authorities want them as much as the Uk…

Randy McNob

Jun 13, 2020
MP for Calais on Radio 5 this morning, suggested that the UK were at fault with this ongoing situation by making the UK ‘magnifique ‘ nice houses money etc
This all the while while photos are circulating of French Police watching on as people climb into dingys on the beach.

Let’s be brutally honest the French authorities want them as much as the Uk…

because this government created this environment of blame, elected on the basis that Europe is to blame for problems in the UK, and after convincing everyone leaving the EU would solve these issues, spent the last 2 years continuing spats with our European neighbours for example on fishing, by sending gunboats. Yet we somehow expect them to bend over backwards to stop the boats coming over.

Yet another Tory who seeks to blame everyone and anything except the very people who were elected on the back of controlling migration

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
because this government created this environment of blame, elected on the basis that Europe is to blame for problems in the UK, and after convincing everyone leaving the EU would solve these issues, spent the last 2 years continuing spats with our European neighbours for example on fishing, by sending gunboats. Yet we somehow expect them to bend over backwards to stop the boats coming over.

Yet another Tory who seeks to blame everyone and anything except the very people who were elected on the back of controlling migration

[emoji2357]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here