Welcoming refugees. Well done Brits!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
No one's invited them here, send them back ASAP

regards
DF

Actually, asylum law implies invitation. So yes, technically, they are invited. And most of them are very welcome. You’re behind the curve, Goebbles, get with the program.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
No ,I voted to get the dinghy's turned back
Regards
DF

And how did you think leaving the Dublin Agreement was going to help that, exactly? I mean I assume you knew exactly what you were voting for, right?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
My oh my, I'm sure you don't intend it but the passive aggression really comes across in a patronising manner.

Passive aggression? It's a perfectly legitimate question to ask. Given the impacts we're starting to see as the result of his (and others votes) I think we're entitled to ask what people thought would happen.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
Clueless but to be expected from you of all people
Regards
DF

That is an odd accusation for you to throw at someone. Bearing in mind that you have openly admitted to voting Brexit for something that was never offered.

Even your armed forces friends on here could have informed you about maritime law. I'm sure even they picked up some understanding whilst undertaking naval tours of landlocked countries.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
More apologism for illegal crossings of the English channel ,hang your head in shame
Regards
DF

Why are you so cross about him being an "apologist" for it? You made it happen! Own your Brexit.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...able-blackpool-hotel-despite-council-protests

Asylum seekers placed in ‘unsuitable’ Blackpool hotel despite council protests

About 140 people, mostly families, have moved into the Grand Metropole on Blackpool promenade. Blackpool council had said using the hotel for temporary accommodation required planning consent and it had been going to seek a court injunction on Monday in an attempt to stop the arrangement.

The seaside resort is particularly busy at present. The Blackpool Illuminations light show runs until 3 January and the town is also hosting the World Fireworks Championships near the hotel, likely to cause disruption and noise to the hotel’s vulnerable residents.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...able-blackpool-hotel-despite-council-protests

About 140 people, mostly families, have moved into the Grand Metropole on Blackpool promenade. Blackpool council had said using the hotel for temporary accommodation required planning consent and it had been going to seek a court injunction on Monday in an attempt to stop the arrangement.

The seaside resort is particularly busy at present. The Blackpool Illuminations light show runs until 3 January and the town is also hosting the World Fireworks Championships near the hotel, likely to cause disruption and noise to the hotel’s vulnerable residents.

is that really the "worlds", or more like baseball (not the whole world)

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
is that really the "worlds", or more like baseball (not the whole world)

https://www.visitblackpool.com/detail/world-fireworks-championship-blackpool-45090/

The event will gather together the crème de la crème of the world’s firework elite and promises a mouth-watering series of shows with jaw-dropping entertainment for all the family - a great opportunity for visitors to take an extended weekend break.

Saturday 11th September - Russia
Saturday 25th September - Ireland
Saturday 9th October - Germany
Saturday 23rd October - Showcase Display by Titanium Fireworks and winner announcement

Sure to be noisy , let's hope that the refugees can be moved into suitable housing before the event starts otherwise they might have trouble sleeping at night .

On the other hand if fireworks are their passion they are in for a treat .

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020

why do you care?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here