Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Welcome to Wrexham

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Really enjoyed this series.

Anyone know when the next will be released? Do they wait until the end of the season
Yep.

Season 1 came on at the end of August 2022, so that's my expectation.

They must film a huge volume of content but it's only once the football season has finished that I guess they can really define each story/thread which will become episodes in the show as, like Drive to Survive, they don't seem to just tell things in a straight chronological order.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
BBC News are covering their victory parade live, what a great story. Common knowledge I know, they too once had a shyster owner with his eyes on the real estate.

A poor part of the UK, this can also only be good for investment in the area.
It is a great story, I am sure a few in that league were not happy with all the coverage and new spending power, but Wrexham have done their time in that league.

They were saved by their fans. The new owners despite being film stars from another continent, they really seem to understand and bought in to the culture of the club and community.

good luck to them.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It is a great story, I am sure a few in that league were not happy with all the coverage and new spending power, but Wrexham have done their time in that league.

They were saved by their fans. The new owners despite being film stars from another continent, they really seem to understand and bought in to the culture of the club and community.

good luck to them.

As a result of this we’ve started watching Welcome To Wrexham on Disney+. It’s really good, a down to earth programme in the same way as Sunderland Til I Die. (I’ll never watch the glossed over propaganda about Abu Dhabi and Guardiola).

Episode 6 is interesting …. they’re talking in detail about their equivalent of Archer and Stanley …. Hamilton and Guterman. They were 100% after the Racecourse Ground as land for housing. Ring any bells?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

good luck to them.
The higher up he leagues they go, the more money they will need to invest, their appetite for success will dwindle and the fans will become frustrated, be warned todays hero’s are tomorrows zeros.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
The higher up he leagues they go, the more money they will need to invest, their appetite for success will dwindle and the fans will become frustrated, be warned todays hero’s are tomorrows zeros.
I understand that, but if they are smart there is no reason why they can’t gradually get better. They starting from a better place than when we stayed up against Hereford. At least they have a stadium

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I understand that, but if they are smart there is no reason why they can’t gradually get better. They starting from a better place than when we stayed up against Hereford. At least they have a stadium
They do, and like our neighbours 50 plus miles up the road, it’s pretty shitty.
The fact we lost the Goldstone, galvanised our support, and sense of urgency to rebuild and survive.

If a team that has been in the Premier League for over 6 or 7 seasons and all the income that entails can’t upgrade their stadium, even though the money was ring fenced, then how difficult is it for teams lower down the food chain to build year on year, just how much has uncle Tony, invested?

Those two will be gone before five years are through, then Wrexham will have to start again, sad but true.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
The fact we lost the Goldstone, galvanised our support, and sense of urgency to rebuild and survive.

If a team that has been in the Premier League for over 6 or 7 seasons and all the income that entails can’t upgrade their stadium, even though the money was ring fenced, then how difficult is it for teams lower down the food chain to build year on year, just how much has uncle Tony, invested?

Those two will be gone before five years are through, then Wrexham will have to start again, sad but true.
But unlike the twats up the road they seem to want to sort out their infrastructure issues

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH

They may be gone, but I do think they'll be leaving Wrexham in a much better state than when they found them.

So no, I don't think they'll have to "start again"

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
But unlike the twats up the road they seem to want to sort out their infrastructure issues

The £16m funding’s in place, their 5,500 seat Kop opens in August 2024.

IMG_3967.png

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Enjoyed the start of series (sorry, season). Captures well the impact on the community, the challenges of planning legislation, and isn't shy to admit they are buying success on the pitch either. Feels a bit more honest than other PR documentaries

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
The one at the Racecourse that was the new owners’s first home game ? Torquay fans hit with bottles in the ground and a Wrexham fan attacked by………Wrexham fans at the station.
No probably in the new series, they were filming fans in the away end walking up and down the aisle, and my mate wasn’t best pleased being 6-0 down having a camera shoved in his face. I had a long conversation with a producer telling them how it was disrespectful. In all fairness it’s a great documentary, just think they hadn’t learnt the boundaries.

Sepulveda

Notts County's younger cousins' fan
Mar 19, 2023
Northern Italy
Only episode 2 of season 2 and I'm welling up once again :lolol: Tearjerkers aside, as others have said I appreciate the relative transparency they try to maintain compared to other similar feel-good documentaries.

mile oak

May 21, 2023
I hear Crawley v Wrexham is almost a sell out ahead of us playing Liverpool the next day. Anyone thinking of going? (and get in quick before it does sell out)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here