Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Welcome to chain Hove

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
After the recent opening of the chain chip shop and the chain Modelo Lounge I was only thinking what we really need is a third chain coffee shop on George Street; welcome to Nero due to open in a few weeks.

Thankfully I can drown my sorrows in one of the two chain pubs on George St.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
After the recent opening of the chain chip shop and the chain Modelo Lounge I was only thinking what we really need is a third chain coffee shop on George Street; welcome to Nero due to open in a few weeks.

Obviously a Nero is needed there. Otherwise you'd have to walk 250 yards to the one on the corner of Church Road and Grand Avenue.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
The branch of Shoefayre on George Street is closing down so HT will have to venture into Brighton next time he needs a new pair of loafers.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Obviously a Nero is needed there. Otherwise you'd have to walk 250 yards to the one on the corner of Church Road and Grand Avenue.

Very true.

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010

Or you can always eat away the pain at the KFC on Blatchington Road?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The branch of Shoefayre on George Street is closing down so HT will have to venture into Brighton next time he needs a new pair of loafers.

Shoe Fayre is closing. Booooo. I'll pop into one of the 3 card shops on George Street and buy a condolence card for them.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Or you can always eat away the pain at the KFC on Blatchington Road?

True. I prefer Subway on Church Rd though, so much better than that lovely Bagel place almost next door...the one with the cheery team of smiley young girls.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

I agree. George St is one of Brightons most picturesque areas. It's array of charity shops, beggars, one legged dogs, shoplifters and coffee shops run by illegal immigrants needs some sort of conservation order placed upon it. As an area of outstanding natural beauty it is frankly disgraceful that anyone dare open a chip or coffee shop within a square mile of the area.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Welcome too to the 8-10 minimum wage jobs created !

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
You can judge how well an economy is going by the number of coffee shops and an area by the number concentrated in the vicinity - things must be going very well in Hove especially as we are due out of recession Thursday this week......

Welcome to modern Britain - National state and council state run controlled by a chain of non Uk profit paying foreign owned bank, coffee, food and energy companies made possible by foreign owned media and internet companies and a duped conservative government created service industry.

D

Deleted User X18H

So now there's a Costa's , a Coffee Republic (formerly Good Bean and owned by the Blooms) a Ladbrokes open until 10pm EVERY day , a William Hill open until 10pm EVERY day and now a Nero.

The small family businesses must be delighted. Don't forget the Costa's just around the corner at Tesco

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007

Loafers - What appropriate attire for some of the punters at the hostelries there!

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
QUOTE=Herr Tubthumper;5266923]Shoe Fayre is closing. Booooo. I'll pop into one of the 3 card shops on George Street and buy a condolence card for them.[/QUOTE]

and buy tissues from Boots, Superdrug or Savers

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
QUOTE=Herr Tubthumper;5266923]Shoe Fayre is closing. Booooo. I'll pop into one of the 3 card shops on George Street and buy a condolence card for them.

and buy tissues from Boots, Superdrug or Savers[/QUOTE]

This has made me chuckle. Thank you.

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
Sorry but what is the issue with 'chain' stores ? Also KFC and subway are franchised I believe. If you dislike the coffee shops mentioned why not go to cafe Italia or revival coffee.
Free market economy eh? Who would want that ?

Also wetherspoons actually is one of the largest purchases or beers from small brewerys.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here