Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Welcome back

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Because they were both presentable chances that you'd expect to score (roughly) 60% of the time for Maupay's one (so 0.6xG) and perhaps 50% of the time for MacA's (so 0.5xG). Add a few more little chances and get to the total around 1.7. No chance is a whole xG. Even a penalty is only given as 0.75 or something.

Both goals I would expect a professional to score from every single time. Maupay was inside the six yard box and just had to let it hit him. McArgie had a free shot from roughly around 6 or 7 yards out if that is only a coin toss that he scores then its no wonder we have problems in front of goal!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[Wastes three minutes looking for thumbs down button]

Screen_Shot_2017-11-06_at_12.41.31_PM.png

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Just taken from another thread:

Welcome back proper stripes. Please can we never EVER go back to that all-blue (well, crappy pin-stripes) shit again? They are shit shit shit :shit: :shit: SHIT.

As you correctly predicted last year, our poor run of results and our massive under-performance against our XG was entirely down to that shitty kit. Covid saved us.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Both goals I would expect a professional to score from every single time. Maupay was inside the six yard box and just had to let it hit him. McArgie had a free shot from roughly around 6 or 7 yards out if that is only a coin toss that he scores then its no wonder we have problems in front of goal!

And yet last season we found out that expectation does not correlate with reality :lolol:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Lots to enjoy in this thread.

"What's this new fangled xG stuff all about?" :moo:
"I would expect those chances to be scored 100% of the time" :moo:
Plus of course [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] is correct that it's all down to ditching last seasons terrible kit.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here