Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Weird Yahoo email problem

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I wonder if anyone here knows the answer to this:

I have a yahoo email account and there are a couple of addresses I simply don't receive emails from.

I think the reason for this is that I might have marked them as spam way back years ago, but now I need to see them again and I think Yahoo filters out some spam without even sending it to your spam folder. If that is the case, is there any way I can find my spam black list and edit it? If I've got it wrong, what other reason could there be that a couple of these addresses send emails but they don't arrive in my account?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Have you tried turning it off and then back on again ?

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
It's a yahoo issue. I have the same thing with my old yahoo account that it will not receive automated password resets from ubisoft. Yet it receives emails fine directly from their support team who use a different email address.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I know that if an Instagram account needs to send verification emails to an old yahoo email address then there are problems even if the yahoo email account is reactivated.

There's a convoluted way of getting around this not worth explaining if that isn't the specific issue here.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm sure I heard that several old mailbox providers are either limiting access to archived e-mails or closing down in the near future.. pretty sure Yahoo was one of them.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think I've found the issue - it's 2023 and you seem to have a Yahoo email account.

I checked Altavista and AOL Online for solutions and failing that, I'll have to Ask Jeeves.

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
I know that if an Instagram account needs to send verification emails to an old yahoo email address then there are problems even if the yahoo email account is reactivated.

There's a convoluted way of getting around this not worth explaining if that isn't the specific issue here.
That's my issue with my old yahoo. Reactivated as I needed to link my PSN to my ubisoft account. But in order to do that I need to first access my old ubisoft account (yahoo email) to de-link my PSN from it. But the password resets aren't coming through even though the yahoo has been reopened.

I spent ages trying to sort so if you can explain, that would be marvellous!!!

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
I have a @Sky.Com account which i use for non urgent emails.I can only see Inbox emails when I type in a filter to search for @Sky.Com emails.
It is bizarre and I haven't been able to resolve the issue, not that it really causes much distress/annoyance.
Sky email uses the Yahoo lay form so have you tried to filter for the two email addresses you cannot seem to find?
Just a thought?

TNBA

TTF

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Yahoo innit.
Gmail if you can switch without too much life hassle.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
That's my issue with my old yahoo. Reactivated as I needed to link my PSN to my ubisoft account. But in order to do that I need to first access my old ubisoft account (yahoo email) to de-link my PSN from it. But the password resets aren't coming through even though the yahoo has been reopened.

I spent ages trying to sort so if you can explain, that would be marvellous!!!
I can't remember the exact instagram options but you need to click through their help centre to where you get them to send you a copy of their privacy policy by email - they take your email address off the list that instagram doesn't send to at that point.. and verification emails will start to be sent again.

It is a while since I had to do this but it worked. There are YouTube videos on it.

Last edited:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I wonder if anyone here knows the answer to this:

I have a yahoo email account and there are a couple of addresses I simply don't receive emails from.

I think the reason for this is that I might have marked them as spam way back years ago, but now I need to see them again and I think Yahoo filters out some spam without even sending it to your spam folder. If that is the case, is there any way I can find my spam black list and edit it? If I've got it wrong, what other reason could there be that a couple of these addresses send emails but they don't arrive in my account?
Why the f*** have you got a Yahoo email address? I had you down as someone of sound mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here