Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Weird question but does anyone know what this is?.....

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I still get loads of pleasure out of passing all those things onto my own kids now and watching them struggle forever to try to get a sound out of a blade of grass stretched between their thumbs :thumbsup:

What's missing for them though is that we did all those things ourselves, without an adult in sight until it was to time to go home for your tea. Kids today may have more 'things' but with less freedom to run wild I sometimes feel sad for them.
:thumbsup:

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
We always called Bindweed, or convolvulus to give it it's latin name, 'granny pop out the bed'. That's because we'd pick the flowers and squeeze them at the base to make them jump out of their 'bed'.

We called the unopened flower torpedoes as that is the how they looked to us when we "popped' them. On the other hand the open flowers were regarded as parachutes because of the way they floated to the ground.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Don't know it's name but having been raised in the countryside was always told not to touch it.

You want to get that checked out mate.

My penis looks nothing like that.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
We called the unopened flower torpedoes as that is the how they looked to us when we "popped' them. On the other hand the open flowers were regarded as parachutes because of the way they floated to the ground.

I still call them Granny Pops.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here