Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Weird places to see Brighton support!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This reminds me of when I went to Switzerland v Togo at the World Cup in Germany in my Albion shirt. Half time in the queue and a Swiss fan tapped me on the shoulder wondering how "we" were doing. Same sort of thing - former language student based in Brighton, but in fairness he HAD been to Withdean a few times. I ended up chatting about the Albion with about 10-15 Swiss fans in that queue. Never underestimate how much a lot of Europeans absolutely love British football culture.

Not just Europeans......on holiday in the Dominican Republic last year the complex had a daily football match (mostly South Americans), my lad had his old Albion shirt on and I ended up having quite a conversation with a Brazilian bloke (from Miami) who was very interested/knowledgeable about us. Only issue was they thought my lad was called Donatello :D

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Early afternoon early December 2013,, Grey Street Newcastle. Bloke lurking in a doorway in Albion hoodie and joggers

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Not an Albion fan, but showed me that word of us is spreading.
My ship was in Toulon yesterday, I was supervising a hazardous offload. While doing the paperwork, the vendor asked if I was English. Then he asks "Chelsea, Man Utd?"
"Brighton & Hove Albion" I tell him, expecting a blank stare. "Ah, Premier League next season" he said with a big smile & thumbs up. He looked like North African descent, said he went to school with Samir Nasri; loves English Football.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I was in Macy's in New York about 5 years ago and spotted a palace shirt on the down escalator. Gave me quite a shock . . .

Was it being followed by security? Did it have suspicious "bulges" down its kecks?
Defo shoplifting

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
When I take my Jazz to the Honda garage at Trispen, near Truro, it gets personal attention from an Albion supporter, after he spotted the window stickers.

Is it anyone on here?

emphyrian

May 25, 2004
Woodingdean
Antigua Dec 2003. Just about to watch the daily crab race when I noticed the stripes just over to the left. managed to spend a few hours downing all inclusive booze chatting about the Albion.

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Probably not that unusual, but in Disney World in 2012 walking through Magic Kingdom, my son had his home shirt, with Noone on the back. Out of nowhere we heard a huge SEAGULLS, followed by Nooney Nooney Nooney. Seemed quite strange and surreal at the time, but I imagine somewhere like that there'll always be supporters of different clubs.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I was sitting in a bar in Nha Trang, Vietnam last year the day we played Derby when a guy came over to my table and said "we're 3-0 down mate". He had noticed that I was wearing my Albion t-shirt and being an ex pat Albion fan thought he would pop over for a chat. I was slightly gob smacked.

Why weren´t you watching the game?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not an Albion fan, but showed me that word of us is spreading.
My ship was in Toulon yesterday, I was supervising a hazardous offload. While doing the paperwork, the vendor asked if I was English. Then he asks "Chelsea, Man Utd?"
"Brighton & Hove Albion" I tell him, expecting a blank stare. "Ah, Premier League next season" he said with a big smile & thumbs up. He looked like North African descent, said he went to school with Samir Nasri; loves English Football.

Euphemism ??? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Marty McFly

Seagulls Over Canada
Aug 19, 2006
La Pêche, Quebec
Two separate fans in Dunedin. One walking down the street, and the other a few weeks later at the England Vs Romania RWC match.

Also at a restaurant here in St John's. They very kindly gave me a small Gully as a mascot for the car.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Not the Spanish lad I had stay with me then, I took him to the Saints match in 2010. He loved it (even though it was 0-0). Still supports us even now as his English team.

Also noticed that a Thai student we had wearing a Brighton shirt in some of her facebook photos recently. :D

well, if no one else is going to... :needpics:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
On 86 minutes at the AMEX?

willow147

Mar 16, 2011
Romney Marsh, Kent
Another one that is not too unusual. About 3 years ago we had a country fayre in New Romney (Kent) and whilst waiting for the evening live music to get going I saw a lad walking around in a brighton shirt.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
well, if no one else is going to... :needpics:

This reminds me. I went to see Lazio in Rome way back in the very early 90s. I wore my NOBO Albion shirt and ended up swopping it with a local girl for her Lazio shirt (complete with fag burn). I have some nice photos of her in my NOBO shirt somewhere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here