Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Weekenders in Scandanavia??

tricky

Jul 7, 2003
Reigate
Can any of you give me some advice on weekend breaks in Scando- land.
Dying to get over there, catch some football, go to a museum, drink some beer etc.
I know Ryan air do really cheap flights to Oslo and Stockholm but is it true that it's incredibly expensive for a pint and accomodation?
Which is the best - Sweden, Denmark or Norway?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

daveyboybhafc

Jul 18, 2003
Im off to sweden in a couple of weeks, i went to stockholm before and didn't find it as expensive as everyone was making it out to be. if you like mcdonalds, go to stockholm as there are hundreds.

depends on what type of accomodation you want, i stayed in a youth hostel and it wasn't too badly priced, i think about £15 a night, you may have to book up though depending on when you want to go.
I know its a stereotype but the women are really fit and they are everywhere!

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
I went to Norway with work a couple of years ago, loverly country loverly ladies about £4 for half a larger,

Ouch !!!!

tricky

Jul 7, 2003
Reigate
Yeah - it's going to be a bit of albion lads trip - so price of alcohol could be a factor, but so is the beauty of the women.

What's the night life like?

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
expensive !!!! but pretty similar to most european places really

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Scandinavia is very cool but also a touch harsh on the wallet. Think West-End prices in every pub...and that's Sweden, Finland and Denmark (not done Norway or Iceland yet)

Went to Estonia last year and it was cracking. Highly recommended.

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
spent a weekend in helsinki recently and was impressed...like comments above it wasn't as expensive as i was expecting, and a decent hotel was about £60 per night for two, so certainly cheaper than londoin or brighton.

nightlife was surprisingly good, lots of good bars and clubs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here