Weekend in Barcelona

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Has anyone who has been to Barca and who wanted to been able to source a match ticket on the day?

Mr C Gull

Feb 1, 2011
Souwf London
Tickets are very easy to come by, you'll be in the gods but they are on sale everywhere so dont panic (except for El Classico where you would struggle)

Avoid las Ramblas and the rabid hustlers/thieves/pickpockets/postitute type things, they are a pain in the arse and will start trying to grab you, shout at you and the women will even want to fight you.

On the Gash front- La Riveria which is a taxi ride out of town is an unbelievable place (allegedly) if you are that way inclined

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Tickets are very easy to come by, you'll be in the gods but they are on sale everywhere so dont panic (except for El Classico where you would struggle)

Avoid las Ramblas and the rabid hustlers/thieves/pickpockets/postitute type things, they are a pain in the arse and will start trying to grab you, shout at you and the women will even want to fight you.

On the Gash front- La Riveria which is a taxi ride out of town is an unbelievable place (allegedly) if you are that way inclined

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
2 bits of advice for you:
1) Go to Bar Bagdad - best gash show ever witnessed - pricey but worth it...
2) Next time do not book a weekend away the same weekend as we are at home - derrrrrr..

barca play their home games same weekend as us.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Thoroughly recommend the Olympic museum just down from the Olympic stadium - check out Pep who was captain when they won gold in 1992

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Dont get your cock out in public, they dont like that.

Glawstergull

May 21, 2004
GLAWSTERSHIRE
Sagrada Familia is mind blowing.Do the open top bus and the Gaudi Park.Some really good places to eat in the harbour and WATCH YOUR WALLET AND PURSES.Wife had purse nicked.

Wally Gould

Jul 10, 2011
I'm off to Barcelona for three nights tomorrow. Thought I would get some advice from the knowledgeable people on NSC. We are aiming to see the Barca v Bilbao match on Saturday evening. Not got any tickets as yet, is it easy enough to pick up on gate or would you recommend getting sooner?

Also want a heads up for what other things to see / do and what best to avoid.

Thanks in advance
Just watching the news I see there are thousands marching through the streets protesting against government austerity measures to cut the countries debt. May not be a good time to visit!!!!

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I've also been robbed in Barcelona (and Mexico, Vietnam, Malaysia, Thailand.....).

To be fair, in Barcelona I had decided to have a quick nap on a grass verge whilst waiting for a bus at 5am. I would've robbed me.

northernblue

Nov 24, 2010
I knew a girl who lived there for a year and she said she would see someone get pickpocketed everyday! so be careful! It is a class city though! You might also need to book well in advance any restaurants you plan going to as it gets really busy everywhere!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports