Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Wednesdays National Lottery.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Looking at the numbers - 7 / 14 / 21 / 35 / 41 / 42 I can see why so many had 5 - all bar one divisible by 7, I'd guess this is why. Shocking prize though regardless.

Told my mate years ago to stop doing the 7 times table numbers as there were so many people doing the same combination
He'd been doing doing 7 14 21 28 35 42 since 1994

French Seagull

Jul 30, 2014
France
I did hope to win the jackpot for Easter or second best the raffle, oh well £2 on for Wednesday,

(wish I put a quid on England's score - wonder what the odds would have been on that?)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I read some time ago if you were over 55 you stood more likely hood of passing away before the draw than winning the jackpot. With the added numbers that has probably dropped to about 45 or 50 years old no, w.

I still like to try my luck so what are the odds on Euro Lottery UK Lottery and National Health Lottery. I keep telling the family I am going to win and buy a place in Spain.

French Seagull

Jul 30, 2014
France
I read some time ago if you were over 55 you stood more likely hood of passing away before the draw than winning the jackpot. With the added numbers that has probably dropped to about 45 or 50 years old no, w.

I still like to try my luck so what are the odds on Euro Lottery UK Lottery and National Health Lottery. I keep telling the family I am going to win and buy a place in Spain.

I would have a place in France,

https://www.national-lottery.co.uk/lotto-changes#New-prize-structure on the Lottery odds are about 1: 10 million of becoming a millionaire or 1:9 of a prize. raffle Wednesday 1:338,000 Saturday about 1:686,000 (more tickets sold Saturday)

Odds to win a jackpot on the Euromillions is 1:116,531,800. On the millionaire maker (raffle) varies depending on tickets sold Tuesday about 1:4,800,000 Friday 1 in 7,500,000 (that could be enough for me)

Health lottery: you stand the chance of winning up to £100,000. Your chances of winning the jackpot are one in two million. Those are much shorter odds than on the National Lottery but the prize is much smaller. Overall you have a 1 in 13.94 chance of winning a prize of some form with prizes including a free play, £10, £20, £50, £250, £10,000 and £100,000.

The Health Lottery has drawn some criticism because it gives a smaller amount to charities than the National Lottery. Only 20% goes to good causes compared to 28%

The People’s Postcode Lottery: Brought to the UK by a Dutch firm in 2005 this lottery is based on your postcode. You pay a monthly subscription of £10 and your postcode is entered into daily draws for £1,000 and five draws a month to win £25,000.

There are also monthly Postcode Millions draws. With these a postcode is selected and every ticket registered in that postcode gets a share of a £2 million prize pot. The People’s Postcode Lottery won’t reveal the odds of winning a prize

Interesting that the premium bonds are reducing their prizes by 300,000 soon! They have nearly £60billion in them. But their odds on winning will be slashed from 26,000:1 to 30,000:1 in just over two million prizes.

The amount dished out in prizes falls from 1.35 per cent to 1.25 per cent of the fund, its lowest level for seven years. NS&I estimates it will pay out £62.9million in prizes in June, down from £67.6million in March. The number of big prizes have been more than halved.

The chances of winning anything big on any of these is extremely small although, some have won first time of buying a ticket!

Jane Park was just 17 when she won £1m with her first ever lottery ticket.

Good luck if you have a ticket!

Last edited:

French Seagull

Jul 30, 2014
France
How can you improve your chances of winning a jackpot?

How can you improve your chances of winning a jackpot?

What are your chances of winning a large jackpot in either Premium Bonds or a lottery draw? The notional interest rate earned by the £60 billion of Premium bonds which pays the prize fund is to be cut from 1.35% to 1.25% from the June draw, so the chances of winning per bond each month will be cut from 1:26,000 to 1:30,000. Jonquil Lowe Lecturer in Personal Finance at The Open University joins Paul Lewis to discuss.

:mad:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03pzwp6

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here