Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wednesday match day thread.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Oh dear, to make a bad evening worse. Tom and Bruno clash after Wednesdays winner :-(
uvapa5e2.jpg

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
My take from sitting at Hillsborough tonight. We should have killed the game off in the first half - time and time again we had good possession and pretty good opportunities to score. Buckley's one on one in the second half was gilt edged and would have finished a very poor Sheffield Wednesday team. We battled extremely well in midfield and defence - won almost every 50-50 to keep the lion's share of possession. Rodriguez seems pretty inept at this level - Lingard again did nothing to mark himself out as a player of any quality. Ince was magnificent - so too Upson - JFC did well - and there was enough to be proud of. To lose a match you have doimnated from start to finish with a late goal is always a sickener - but with no Ulloa we did a lot better than I had expected.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
So you're just looking at stats and making your mind up? Aspinall can't believe we've lost, thought we dominated 75mins of the match, and created 6 or 7 gilt edge chances. Doesn't sound like the players not buying into Oscar to me, sounds more like we just haven't got that genius bit of quality we need to kill games off.
Did substitutions work? According to BBC Sport after 75 minutes we had 9 shots to their 8 at the end of the game we still had 9 shots and they had 16. Sounds like we sat back looking for a draw. SCR said that Bruno at fault for the goal. Defensively he has been poor this season. We are really missing Crofts. At least he was likely to score from midfield. JFC, Ince, Stephens,Lingard and Andrews have not cut the mustard in the scoring area and if Hoskins is fit we should throw him in. If we renew a lot of players contracts at the end of the season, I think we can look forward to more of the same next season. We need a mini clear out and some midfielders who have a good track record of scoring goals, brought in, if we are to continue playing Oscars way. The likes of Andrews, Augestien, Lopez and Rodrequez can be allowed to leave and the youngsters will have a years experience in the championship. Add two quality goal scoring midfielders to replace those four and we should be ok. We are overloaded with midfielders anyway, with Orlandi, March,Lua Lua,Crofts and Buckley added to the mix. Looking forward to Saturday but not expecting too much. Having said all that I still enjoy the way that Oscar sets his team up to play football. If we showed a bit more urgency and got our midfielders arriving late into the box then I would enjoy it even more.

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
We don't need to spend more money we don't have. Formation change is more productive. Get Buckers up front if necessary in a 4-4-2 with Solly and Lua Lua on the wings. This season is make or brake time. Attack !

It's pointless attacking when we can't score, maybe they could try a game of british bulldog or something, one end of the pitch to the other?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here