[Albion] Webster/March/Montoya are just not up to this level

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
I'm fed up with all the negativity on this thread, typical of NSC - at least we kept a clean sheet and did not get beaten.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We’ll be OK, two weekends on the bounce when we didn’t concede

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
Martin Montoya, with 115 appearances in total for Barcelona, Inter Milan, Betis and Valencia, and a medal collection of three leagues, three cups and a Champions League isn't good enough for Brighton and Hove Albion. I've seen it all now.

clockend1983

Apr 1, 2010
Martin Montoya, with 115 appearances in total for Barcelona, Inter Milan, Betis and Valencia, and a medal collection of three leagues, three cups and a Champions League isn't good enough for Brighton and Hove Albion. I've seen it all now.

Exactly this he’s class

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun

If this is a serious comment, then I think you have been “whooshed”!

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

I wonder how much defending he had to do with those teams. Different ball game playing for a struggling team.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Clueless. Absolutely clueless.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
On a serious note this is the first weekend in a while where I’ve not been reading people relentlessly slagging Webster.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
With the players in front of him at Barcelona I doubt he was required to get forward too often.

I can imagine him being the steady Eddie at Barca, allowing their great players to shine.
An important role , sure, but not one that in itself makes him a great player.
he’s been OK for us, puts in a shift and didn’t cost that much.
Unfair to compare perhaps, but even when Bruno was pushing 40 he was far superior to Montoya imho.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Potter was not happy with the atmosphere yesterday. We need to raise our game

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Pitch still in poor condition

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016