Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Webster and Stephens

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Disagree I personally prefer Webster to Webster but I can see why many others including yourself prefer Webster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Webster is better than both of them.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Absolute rubbish. Duffy defended, his main job, far better than Webster ever has and Alzate is best coming off the bench. Our weaknesses to day were Mooy and Schelotto who were both awful.

Mooy, Schelotto and Gross all equally responsible for us not getting 3 points. Duffy did what he was supposed to do but he just cannot play out from the back so why does Ryan keep giving him the ball?

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Like most of our players, they get much better when they're not playing. Leave 'em out for half a dozen matches and they'll be world-beaters!

This with bells on! With both those in the team today the result would not have been different. Our midfield was just so slow today and we created so little as our movement is poor particularly when the opposition defend in numbers.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
. Duffy did what he was supposed to do but he just cannot play out from the back so why does Ryan keep giving him the ball?

Ryan kept giving him the ball because Watford closed down any other outlets and were happy for Duffy to have it and carry it till he ran into a dead end and lost it, gave a hospital pass or just booted it.
Duffy’s heading was also poor and a few times was nowhere near the ball.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Surely the whole point in the Webster v Duffy thing is that neither of them have the ability to get us up to where we want to be (ie not balls deep in a relegation battle every year).

Both of them have had chances in the side and both have shown they are absolutely light years behind Dunk. Big improvement from one of them needed for the rest of the season if either of them want to be anything but peripheral next season.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
I see why Duffy was in the side today but he offered so little other than keeping Deeney in check

But Deeney is their most dangerous player, so perhaps that was a good call. What else was you expecting ? That was his job for today.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There's no getting away from the fact Webster was totally to blame for their goal.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Absolute rubbish. Duffy defended, his main job, far better than Webster ever has and Alzate is best coming off the bench. Our weaknesses to day were Mooy and Schelotto who were both awful.

I thought Schelotto had a pretty good game all in all and in comparison to others. He got down the wing well, granted, his crossing wasn’t as good as I would have liked but he still caused them problems. Likewise, Mooy made one horrendous mistake but was quite useful at other times. I thought Duffy was very poor - not his game, and Gross wasn’t much better. The bright spot for me was Ali J’s cross and Neil looked good when he came on. I would have liked to see Glen and Neil up front from the start.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008

Except for their goal, that is, when Duffy completely failed to defend, stood off, stood off, then showed Doucoure the inside. Thought he looked uncomfortable throughout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We haven’t missed either of them any more than we’ve missed Murray, the tepid performance today has typified their games as well and not all of us have the memory of a goldfish

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here