I'll be fully togged up in waterproofs.
Screenshot_20231028_182310_Met Office.jpg

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Pishing it doon!

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
The wettest few days in Brighton I can remember. Might end up at something like two months worth of rain, forecast to remain torrential until tomorrow evening.
Feels pretty standard for this time of year to me - western/central/northern Europe always seems to get battered by waves of very heavy rain late oct/November time

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Feels pretty standard for this time of year to me - western/central/northern Europe always seems to get battered by waves of very heavy rain late oct/November time

Has your rain gauge been recording incredible totals? Low pressure systems usually dominate our autumns, but it’s the sustained intensity of this rain. @Papa Lazarou too has some extraordinary rainfall numbers.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Has your rain gauge been recording incredible totals? Low pressure systems usually dominate our autumns, but it’s the sustained intensity of this rain. @Papa Lazarou too has some extraordinary rainfall numbers.
I don't have a rain gauge so just going off how it's seemed to me - quite a lot of mild sun recently (some very warm sunny days just last week!) with the odd heavy downpour, until gradually become more persistent, bringing the SE corner more in line with the rest of the country in terms of amount of rainfall as often happens around this time of year... obviously I'm wrong if you've got proper stats to look at! 😬 just seems to me we've had far less rain down here compared to most of the country this autumn

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I don't have a rain gauge so just going off how it's seemed to me - quite a lot of mild sun recently (some very warm sunny days just last week!) with the odd heavy downpour, until gradually become more persistent, bringing the SE corner more in line with the rest of the country in terms of amount of rainfall as often happens around this time of year... obviously I'm wrong if you've got proper stats to look at! 😬 just seems to me we've had far less rain down here compared to most of the country this autumn

I agree, very long droughts of weeks, but then these deluges. I record rainfall now, my Dad’s been doing it for the best part of 30 years. Big numbers here, despite that long Sept/Oct drought.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here