Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Weather Forecasts

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Thanks for all contributions. The rain tracking radar is stuff I'm very interested in.

Basically, I'm involved in cricket. I typically want to know at about 3pm if it is likely to be raining at 6pm where I am or that sort of thing (e.g. if it starts raining how long is it likely to continue for). I understand that there are "professional" radars that can give this relatively current information quite accurately.

I also like to know further ahead if possible but anything more than a few hours does seem highly inaccurate.

Am I right in thinking that the proximity of the Downs and the sea make this all a bit more complicated for Pevensey/Eastbourne than it might be for, say, Reading or Guildford...?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
My iPhone was correct. Bang on 13:00 hrs, the rain arrived. It predicted that at 8 this morning.

W3 BHA

Nov 16, 2009
None of the apps seem very good. Yesterday, where I am, the apps said dry, hot and sunny with 0% chance of rain and yet there was actually thunder, lightening and torrential rain! Seems to me that no one has ever really surpassed Trevor the Weather Baker on Southern TV!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here