Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Even cookie monster has to wear one if he is on tv :ffsparr:

nintchdbpict000280914883.jpg

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Did I read that for FIFA to take any action somebody has to complain about it so that would be Fatma Samba Diouf Samoura then as she appears to be the only person saying anything about it, possibly because she is their General Secretary. Or does it have to be an independent complaint?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Excuse my ignorance, but why was there no fuss with England rugby team having poppies on their shirts , but there was for the England football team??

The IRB isn't up it's own arse as much as FIFA?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The ruling body of Rugby Union is very small in comparison to FIFA which covers a lot more countries, some past allies some not. but they should still allow countries to honour their own as they wish.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The IRB isn't up it's own arse as much as FIFA?

to be fair, maybe thats also because rugby players havent taken to pulling off shirts to show political slogans, leading to a rule against anything remotely political on kit?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Did I read that for FIFA to take any action somebody has to complain about it so that would be Fatma Samba Diouf Samoura then as she appears to be the only person saying anything about it, possibly because she is their General Secretary. Or does it have to be an independent complaint?

Oh don't worry! There will be some little jerk out there somewhere jumping up and down shouting, 'Me, me, me - look at me! I object!'

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
That picture is a perfect summary of why the meaning of this time of year has long since been diluted.

Is it though? I mean it can appear on the surface that way but the thought behind the thought has only good in it's intention...

For the record i stood and immaculately observed the 2 mins at 11am on Friday,in the street in Lewes and i was working..

They all gave their tomorrow so the likes of me and you could have our today.

GooGull

Aug 14, 2016
I was at Victoria Station on Friday and was amazed at the number of people, like me who stopped and waited to observe the 2 minutes silence. It was impressive to see a big crowd on the concourse who then observed the silence and the embarrassment of the few rushing rushing to catch their trains.

I've got a poppy on the front of my van which will be there till next year when i'll buy a new one.

Always remember...

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I was at Victoria Station on Friday and was amazed at the number of people, like me who stopped and waited to observe the 2 minutes silence. It was impressive to see a big crowd on the concourse who then observed the silence and the embarrassment of the few rushing rushing to catch their trains.

I've got a poppy on the front of my van which will be there till next year when i'll buy a new one.

Always remember...

It is hard not to feel some sort of anger, when people go rushing past in such circumstances, though one never knows quite how urgent getting that train might have been. Today at our ceremony, I saw the same, which is sad, but then we are all different, and for some it might seem outdated and irrelevant. I am not for one moment defending ignoring a silence, but we mustn't ever get into a position whereby we put pressure on others to comply, or have some sort of competition to see who can look the most solemn. I know you weren't necessarily saying that, I realise.

GooGull

Aug 14, 2016
I was marshalling a road closure in Seaford for a remembrance service when 2 guys turned up in a lorry trying to deliver a washing machine to a house on the other side of the war memorial. They moved their van round the corner and wheeled it from there, I think they were intercepted by a police officer who suggested they wait a few minutes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here