Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wearing Football Shirts on Holiday - Yes or No?

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Makes me cringe seeing anyone above the age of 16 wearing a football shirt anywhere other than on their way to, at, or on their way home from a game.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Lots of tourists in Liverpool today wearing Liverpool shirts where everyone knows that real scousers are all Everton fans.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
On holiday in Cornwall, and currently on a beach in St Ives proudly wearing Albion training shirt. Would happily wear the black away shirt aswell, but wouldn't put the blue and white stripes on. Just glanced to my left to see some guy no more than 40 yards away sporting an Albion hoody.

Was in St Ives yesterday. Porthcurno today. Would, and have worn. And beach towel. This year no. The regular shirts are no good for Cornwall as the wind goes right through them. I had a cotton BHA T shirt on a couple of days ago. Now run out. By my car is decked with stickers etc.

Two noisy Citeh boys on the beach today, shouting in an accent that made the language anyone's guess. I think it was English, but not from my century. Its times like this that I need to step back and accept that I'm a Massive Snob :lolol:

That said, why in the name of Beelzebub do pople have to squeeze into the tinies space near the sheltering cliffs, sitting practically on my lap, when there is a whole beach to sit on, just over there? Buy a ****ing windbreak, or get your fat arse out of bed early enough to stroll to the favoured spot unmolested.

England . . . diversity bespoke. I have No Time for it. OK, ok, that's uncharitable. Perhaps. I'm not sure I know any longer what's right.

Jan 30, 2008
Was in St Ives yesterday. Porthcurno today. Would, and have worn. And beach towel. This year no. The regular shirts are no good for Cornwall as the wind goes right through them. I had a cotton BHA T shirt on a couple of days ago. Now run out. By my car is decked with stickers etc.

Two noisy Citeh boys on the beach today, shouting in an accent that made the language anyone's guess. I think it was English, but not from my century. Its times like this that I need to step back and accept that I'm a Massive Snob :lolol:

That said, why in the name of Beelzebub do pople have to squeeze into the tinies space near the sheltering cliffs, sitting practically on my lap, when there is a whole beach to sit on, just over there? Buy a ****ing windbreak, or get your fat arse out of bed early enough to stroll to the favoured spot unmolested.

England . . . diversity bespoke. I have No Time for it. OK, ok, that's uncharitable. Perhaps. I'm not sure I know any longer what's right.

I THOUGHT ST IVES WAS AN ARTY FARTY place, sounds like its attracting a few piss artists???
regards
DR

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Doubt you'll see many Wendy's shirts out and about at the moment :laugh:

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Anyone over 18 in a replica is a no no. A subtle polo shirt or similar club affiliated leisure wear is acceptable.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm too old to wear replica shirts now, and haven't for years. I am still fond of my retro 70's Bukta jobbie though, and have no qualms about wearing that out and about when I'm abroad. I do lean towards the polo shirts these days though.

Having said that, I had a cracking drunken afternoon in Cyprus 2004 once, thanks to wearing the stripes (and it was a current Skint top at the time). I was in a bar watching England playing someone-or-other in the Euros one afternoon, in my Albion shirt. Without warning, I got a slap on the back and heard an "eeeeh, look lads, its Brighton". Normally this would sound off an alarm klaxon in my head, but when I turned round, there were 4 or 5 blokes stood there in Bristol Rovers shirts. About 3 weeks after we'd just dumped all over Bristol City in the Playoff final.

I don't remember much else from the afternoon, other than the fact we all got very, very drunk together, and they would not let me buy my round. Absolutely insisted it was all on them. Marvellous scenes.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I made the mistake of wearing a Seagulls top whilst on holiday in Cornwall today. I like to show support sometimes, but a full kit ****er started following me around like he wanted to be friends. Christ, we support the same team, a little nod would have done, don't ****ing stalk me for an hour and a half.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I made the mistake of wearing a Seagulls top whilst on holiday in Cornwall today.

plush-stuffed-cat-kit-kat-toy-with-i-love-albion-t-shirt-first-name-surname-nickname_12840680.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here