Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Weak prison sentencing

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
The girl who lured her former best friend to a park where she attacked her and stamped on her head several times was let off with a "there-thereing". That same scumbag has now been arrested for conspiracy to murder (I'm not going to mention the case but it's out there if you look).

This is what happens when you have a "justice" system that puts the "rights" of the perpetrator before the rights of the victim.

el punal

Feel better now?

We won't ever stop savagery by becoming savages ourselves. :shrug:
Sorry - wrong choice of words, what I was trying to say was that in previous times (many centuries ago!) - this was the sort of punishment that would be meted out. You’re right of course that it is savage. Perhaps a 21st century approach would be confinement without privileges in the hope that the perpetrator realises how much harm he’s caused and regrets his actions - anyway, something like that.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sorry - wrong choice of words, what I was trying to say was that in previous times (many centuries ago!) - this was the sort of punishment that would be meted out. You’re right of course that it is savage. Perhaps a 21st century approach would be confinement without privileges in the hope that the perpetrator realises how much harm he’s caused and regrets his actions - anyway, something like that.
No worries. :thumbsup:

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I don’t normally follow this kind of stuff but the location of the offender piqued my interest.

He was found guilty of 11 sex offences against children, and only got a 7 year sentence. Can someone explain that to me? He’ll be out in 3 years.

Imagine being a victim finding out each offence wasn’t even worth a year in jail for ?

Does he have the correct handshake?

Unfortunately in the Worthing funeral community we had a cockroach working for a local firm ( not mine thankfully) who had over 3,000 indecent images of children on his computer, including explicit videos of child rape, his handshake clearly matched the judges as he was out within 18 months.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Different game this time - guess the sentence for this individual searched on the streets :

- 2x possession of a firearm without license
- 2x possession of ammunition
- possession of cocaine intent of supply
- possession of cannabis intent of supply
- possession of cannabis

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Children as young as 8, just throw the **** of a cliff and be done with it.
Different game this time - guess the sentence for this individual searched on the streets :

- possession of cannabis
6 month suspended sentence?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

- possession of cannabis
Proposed and seconded as Tory candidate in the next General Election ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here