Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We wouldnt score if we played all night

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
We certainly needed a 'presence' to hold the ball closer to their box tonight; it one was one those games where we really looked weak and lacked guile.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Desperately need a target man

If we can get a big target man to feed the CMS, we might actually score some goals! Many times tonight it seemed CMS was trying to come in from either wing, with absolutely no support in the middle of the box for him :annoyed:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I disagree.

We were excellent and were in many ways better than WHU tonight. We lacked the crucial finishing touch, when that comes we'll make an excellent assault on the title.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
and we're playing Birmingham on saturday, i'm finding positivity extremely elusive

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
If we can get a big target man to feed the CMS, we might actually score some goals! Many times tonight it seemed CMS was trying to come in from either wing, with absolutely no support in the middle of the box for him :annoyed:

Hoskins & Barnes don't look what we need IMO. We need a big 6ft fwd

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
It's not about power in the air particularly, although that would be useful. It's about having someone who's good at playing with their back to goal. None of our strikers fit the bill but Gus will sort it. If anyone thinks we've got a poor squad, they can't have been watching for the past 20 years...

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Barnes was a complete passenger tonight. I've been reliably told he reads this forum, and I hope he reads this comment. I have Barnes 9 on the back of my shirt for the season, but I don't want to be wearing that at the moment. Not involved at all tonight, except to get caught on the ball. At the moment, he only seems to be offering the ability to take a penalty. Really disappointed tonight.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Yes their keeper made one save and it was a very good one at that. But if you look at the bbc stats there were 8 off and 4 on target.

We are creating chances, just need to be more clinical.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here