Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We Won't/Wunt/Wun't Be Druv?

We Won't/Wunt/Wun't be Druv? Which one is it?!

• Won't

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Wunt

Votes: 14 66.7%
  • Wun't

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

WildWood

Sep 6, 2011
Chichester
So another thread asking the good folk of NSC for help!

I've got a custom Paul Weller Lambretta (Wildwood, hence the username!) & am in the middle of designing a bespoke vinyl graphic to pay homage to the Albion somewhere discreetly on the bike (I'm not getting it airbrushed on as I may want to sell it in the future & can assume not everyone would appreciate the Albion crest!)

Anyway, the basic design is the Albion logo with "we won't be druv" in olde English writing underneath. But which, in NSC's opinion is the correct spelling: Won't, Wunt or Wun't?! Iv had a look online & all seemed to be used at one stage or another!

I understand this isn't quite as crucial as "can anyone re-home my carp" or "can someone find me a girlfriend" but it's important none the less.

PS - if the sticker sounds of interest to anyone else & I can get them for a decent price in bulk, I'm happy to sell them once done at cost, just let me know.

Ta!

Ur_havin_a_Laugh

⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽&
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
Won't.

No question about it

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
wunt would be in the sussex country drawl. a brightonian would say wont and seems perfectly acceptable.

no mucking about with ' either way.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Older English would appear to be wunt. Wun't is just wrong. What an earth is a Paul Weller Lambretta, sounds awfully Gay!
This is a proper Scooter.

images

Last edited:

Dandyman

In London village.
Wunt be druv is proper Sussex.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I voted wunt but then looked it up, and every reference to the poem by Victor Cook is won't. So I went to the bookcase to find a book entitled Sussex as She Wus Spoke by Tony Wales. That also quotes the poem with 'won't.
That really surprises me. :ohmy:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here