Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We will neverachieve promotion

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
And don't forget, Noone and Bennett could well be playing Championship football next season.
Murray warms the bench at Palarse ffs!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
All the while we let players like Elliot Bennett ,Nooney ,murray go for peanuts we will never get promoted get used to the idea of the albion being a club with a real lack of ambition

Morose, that's what you are. Any other things you care to enumerate that will never happen? We all deserve enlightenment.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I heard the opposite. Tony said is he worth it. Gus said NO.

Definitely the other way round. Gus pretty much came out and said as much a few months later, when referring to the ridiculous separate pots for wages and transfers.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Lack of ambition? Jesus, our ambition used to be making it to the end of the season with a club still here to call our own.

Attention seeking, self-pitying drivel. I've said this before about your ramblings I think, the lack of respect you have for our Chairman is beyond reproach. We're not dealing with Bill Archer here mate... this bloke has put hundreds of millions of his own money in to safe guard this club's future 10,20,50,100 years from now and you're grizzling because we sold an average to good Championship striker who was going for free at the end of the year anyway and we might miss out on the playoffs by a whisker.

Shame on you.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Lack of ambition? Jesus, our ambition used to be making it to the end of the season with a club still here to call our own.

Attention seeking, self-pitying drivel. I've said this before about your ramblings I think, the lack of respect you have for our Chairman is beyond reproach. We're not dealing with Bill Archer here mate... this bloke has put hundreds of millions of his own money in to safe guard this club's future 10,20,50,100 years from now and you're grizzling because we sold an average to good Championship striker who was going for free at the end of the year anyway and we might miss out on the playoffs by a whisker.

Shame on you.

The current squad that Gus put together on a shoe string budget is finished,lets see where we end up with the squad Oscar puts together with the peanuts available to him,if he decides to stay that is .

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
The current squad that Gus put together on a shoe string budget is finished,lets see where we end up with the squad Oscar puts together with the peanuts available to him,if he decides to stay that is .

The current squad on a shoe string? get fing real. Its the most expensive squad ensembled in our history.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'll be honest I'm not 100% sure but I believe this photo is c 1970 which would make it Mary

Looks like the cover of his first solo album? Funny how these things stick in your mind, i could be wrong though, it was a long time ago

Edit just googled it and it is indeed Mary, never even knew he had a daughter with that name.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
To be fair the thread creator is bang on. When we allowed our players to go and sold up we stayed in the Championship. This past season we held firm against reported interest in Dunk, Knockaert and bids for Stephens and we are now Premier League.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
To be fair the thread creator is bang on. When we allowed our players to go and sold up we stayed in the Championship. This past season we held firm against reported interest in Dunk, Knockaert and bids for Stephens and we are now Premier League.

To be fair the OP was a serial moaner, and it's probably not coincidental he's not been active* on NSC since 18-03-2016

* = apologies if he's dead.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Mutts Nuts has been on my ignore list for years.
Boring tosser who couldn't be bothered to write in proper sentences.
Gone but not missed.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
To be fair the OP was a serial moaner, and it's probably not coincidental he's not been active* on NSC since 18-03-2016

* = apologies if he's dead.

Cool, well in this case his moan was well founded then, you know what they say about a broken clock being right twice a day.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
To be fair, the second post is equally difficult to read in retrospect. Can safely say we don't want to be messing around in the championship playoffs just as Reading and Wednesday have found out.

mxs_harrow

Jan 20, 2009
HA5

The dynamic really changed with Chris Hughton coming in and David Burke exiting - plus the slight relaxation of FFP rules in the Championship which made the retention of players easier, backed up by Tony Bloom's vision, commitment and funding to stand firm.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here