Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We Will Make The Play Offs

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Be fair, Edna. We've just played like a promotion chasing team and already Millwall need a minimum of 3 games to overhaul us. Sure it's not over but equally it's perfectly plausible that we will be 10 points clear of trouble in a couple of games time.

Weren't we in a similar position after the Charlton & Fulham wins? When we thought the only way was up? :)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Weren't we in a similar position after the Charlton & Fulham wins? When we thought the only way was up? :)

Yes and that was premature - we didn't have Kayal and Stephens utterly running the midfield, and we had half the competition up front. (COG considering moving on, CMS injured)

Edit: Although I will say that March worries the hell out of me:

Brighton V Derby
Reading V Brighton
Brighton V Wolves
Millwall V Brighton
Blackburn V Brighton

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Of course we won't make the play-offs but I can see us going on a nice little run from here on in, as things are clicking into place on the pitch. We'll probably still ship some crazy goals and miss sitters and drop points needlessly, but we're looking - finally - like a team that can actually play.

First priority is clearly to avoid relegation but a respectable mid-table finish isn't beyond us and would set us up nicely for next season (and make us more appealing to new signings).

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
This thread sums up NSC, after our initial period when Sami left with wins against Fulham, Brentford, Charlton some on here were predicting playoffs, a couple of weeks afterwards it was doom and gloom 'where are the points going to come from' now after two wins it's back to this again :lol:. We have some very tough home games coming up with 5 of the top 8 still to play so I'll be pleased if/when we hit 50 points.

People go through those sort of emotions and predictions DURING a game, let alone between matches :lol:

In answer to the OP - mid-table. Play-offs is a few steps too far.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
13 games left

39 points up for grabs.

Watch this space....you have been warned!

Mathematically we can't make the play offs because there are too many teams above us would all have to lose too many points and when they play against each other they cant all lose. So although it looks like it could be possible. it more than likely is not possible for us to make the play offs this year

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
9th place (I think we are about 5-7 points away) should be the ultimate, and realistic, aim.

We'd all be very encouraged by that- as would Mr Barber's season ticket sales figures.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Mathematically we can't make the play offs because there are too many teams above us would all have to lose too many points and when they play against each other they cant all lose. So although it looks like it could be possible. it more than likely is not possible for us to make the play offs this year

I'm sure some smart arse will work it out and prove you wrong. (Not me though)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here