Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We will lose out on our no.1 target to palace!

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
Judging by the body language coming from the dug-outs during this season (and Hyypia's general complete lack of energy)it would appear that Jones has already been largely in charge for 23 games already. Boxing Day was more of the same so if Bloom wants to take the club down a division, go ahead and appoint Jones.

To even say they are considering someone so closely associated with the abject failure this season is complete madness. Also wasn't Jones an Obika fan?

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Sure to miss out unless we get Pulis! Please can it not be Warnock! Despised by proper Albion fans! Cannot believe Robinson has turned us down, he may end up at Smellhurst!

Biggest load of crap I've seen on here for ages and that takes some beating !!! Especially this bit Despised by proper Albion fans!
So what constitutes PROPER Albion fans then ?
And why would Pulis go there after walking out a week before the season started last year ???

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I would imagine that there'll be a couple of options for pulis in the next few weeks. Leicester or West Brom very close to being available I would think. Leicester would be the best fit in terms of set up but is there really the cash there? They clearly didn't want to splash out in the summer and if they didn't rate or trust Pearson they've had quite a while to get rid.

Stranger things have happened to pulis arriving at Brighton but it's got to be highly unlikely.

Certainly some merit in your comments regarding the options open to Pulis. But I wouldn't rule out the possibility he might come here. There's nothing like winning or avoiding relegation to add esteem to ones CV. I believe Pulis to be cute with his managerial choices. Of the options you quoted I think BHA has the greatest chance of success, be it in a lower league.
He might consider being seen to save a Championship team gives more kudos than failing with a Prem team...just a thought.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
When you look at the list of the candidates only Pulis and Sherwood stand out as winners. Houghton would bore you to death whilst the others don't have a club because their shite.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The Sun are saying Pulis back to Palace so we now know that won't happen. If he came here, we could have a Welsh revolution. Jones could be U21 manager and we'd then grab Saunders from Crawley to be the number 2. An influx of Welsh players would follow eventually leading to the signing of the 38 year old Gareth Bale in his final season. Happy Days

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
When you look at the list of the candidates only Pulis and Sherwood stand out as winners. Houghton would bore you to death whilst the others don't have a club because their shite.

When you say Sherwood, he has only managed 28 games, exactly how does that make him experienced, has he ever managed in the championship. I just fail to see how 28 games makes him a great manager. Oh and here is an interesting fact for you in case you say Sherwood has a 50% win rate with Spurs, Chris Hughton also managed them and has a 50% win rate with them

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I'm not bothered with Robinson turning us down at all. I'm more concerned that some thought a man with no championship experience was the right man to get us out of a championship relegation scrap. Christ we have some idiots making decisions at this club. No wonder we are where we are.

GolfingGull

Jul 21, 2013
Costa del Worthing
It's going to be Hughton I'd imagine. The palace vacancy won't change anything. Of our supposed shortlist, Sherwood favourite for Palace, Pulis will wait for a soon to be Prem vacancy, McDermott wants to stay at Arsenal and Robinson is staying put. As the board want Championship experience and success, all that's pretty much left is Hughton, imo.

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
Sure to miss out unless we get Pulis! Please can it not be Warnock! Despised by proper Albion fans! Cannot believe Robinson has turned us down, he may end up at Smellhurst!

i always chuckle when i read that people on here know who our no.1 target is . or many other facts that they can't possibly know. i agree about warnock, but find it a bit arrogant that you 'cannot believe robinson turned us down'.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I'm not bothered with Robinson turning us down at all. I'm more concerned that some thought a man with no championship experience was the right man to get us out of a championship relegation scrap. Christ we have some idiots making decisions at this club. No wonder we are where we are.
Spot on and even worse is the fact that the next manager will be second choice and this will put some off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here