Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We will lose out on our no.1 target to palace!

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I just think he represents failure as equally as Hyppia and we need a fresh start, I couldnt care less about his background, he did nothing as assistant to Hyppia to suggest he is the man to take over.

The same could be levelled at Poyet previously to joining us. I feel Jones could be a timely appointment. A seemless appointment, seen both success and failure here, knows the players, understands what the club are willing to spend ad has served his apprenticeship as No, 2. I don't hold with the animosity towards him because he celebrated a goal in a certain way back in ......... ffs! The executive have made a complete mess of this season already so another tangential appointment is too risky.

What most on here are missing is what we actually have to offer a new manager? Sure we have a big stadium, but that's where the big stops, an average squad, little money to spend and a real prospect of being relegated. Are we seen as a dead duck to most or something that they are not prepared to work with or have on their cv? I suspect there are just too many constraints on the manager here. I did feel with the sacking of Burke that this was a precursor for a big name coming in and him being moved at the behest of the new man. But probably not.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Cheapest option uwe rosler Nathan Jones

I wouldn't be unhappy with that. i think Rosler has looked quite useful and he has current experience of the league and players - he is far from the only one who has failed to get the BPL prima-donnas at Wigan to achieve more than a fraction of what they should. Nathan is a good coach and would offer knowledge of the squad which with the window open when the new man arrives will be an asset. With their combined enthusiasm/energy the fans of touch line antics would surely be happy :lolol:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Fact or not, l think he is right. Why should he have any interest in Brighton?, second from bottom of the Championship, and seemingly, at the moment anyway, only headed in one direction, down.

Tony Pulis could do so much better, he is a Premier League manager in my opinion, and the reasons for him leaving Palace had nothing to do with results on the pitch. Indeed he was doing a good job there.

That said, l so hope l am wrong!

Why should he have an interest in Brighton? Because the right man in place making the right contributions to player recruitment and helping to get the right people in, galvanising what we already have, and then motivating the squad and the team to start climbing up the table and, in future seasons, who knows where, would find it enormously satisfying.

I would imagine from all that has been said the working relationships and so on within the club and the organisation stuff will be much more important than our league position.

silky1

Aug 2, 2004
Macclesfield
It is an unfortunate time to give Jones his chance. I would be happier to have a passionate Nathan Jones in charge than a journeyman manager with no connection to the club.
It sounds like he has good coaching credentials and knows the players well. Maybe we could entice Oscar Garcia back in a support role ?

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
It is an unfortunate time to give Jones his chance. I would be happier to have a passionate Nathan Jones in charge than a journeyman manager with no connection to the club.
It sounds like he has good coaching credentials and knows the players well. Maybe we could entice Oscar Garcia back in a support role ?

I think that VHA was taking the piss.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Mark Bright is a prat! .... oooops did I say that out loud?

I agree ...turns out he is an ambassador, a bit like our old players are at the Amex. Close to the chairman seemly.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
It would relieve me - he's not the man to get us (or Palace for that matter) out of our current mess.

Really? Going by his managerial stats he certainly would

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here