Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We WILL finish top 6

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
No,,,,,not unless we treat every game as a cup final and play two up front.Do or die,we need 12 wins from 17 games draws aint worth a wank.

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
Not judging by most of the responses you have received.

Majority have been yes'.

Ok.. Maybe a fair few have said no :lolol:. I was being sarcastic saying only positive posts allowed. But I genuinely think we can do it.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
No,,,,,not unless we treat every game as a cup final and play two up front.Do or die,we need 12 wins from 17 games draes aint worth a wank.

Have to agree. All or nothing, we may as well play more attacking players but Gus won't change his tactics. Hoskins and Ulloa up front would score goals.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Does a leopard change its spots?

Perhaps everyone in the East Stand should hold up a board next Saturday 4-4-2

Then the message may get through?

Poyet is unbelievably obstinate. I can't see him changing his ways irrespective of how obviously such a change in tactics is needed.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
The problem is we need to average 2 pts per game from here on in.

Our current form, the last 5, we average 1 pt per game.

We have got to find from somewhere a massive improvement if we're going to get in the top 6.

Is anyone really that confident in us doing that?

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
The problem is we need to average 2 pts per game from here on in.

Our current form, the last 5, we average 1 pt per game.

We have got to find from somewhere a massive improvement if we're going to get in the top 6.

Is anyone really that confident in us doing that?

Yep. We're 5 points off and need to average 2 points a game (which doesn't take into account teams can go on horrific runs) What happens if we beat Hull next week, 'boro lose and we're 2 points off. Things change so quickly.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Cant believe how many deluded fools are on this site..The squad on paper is top four let alone play offs.The system we play would be better at a higher level.But we are not at a higher level are we???

Poyet is unbelievably obstinate. I can't see him changing his ways irrespective of how obviously such a change in tactics is needed.

Agree. As its not in his nature to try something different & is too cautious, he won't make the highest grade.
Just hasn't got that extra hunger. Suppose because he has been successful as a player, the money motivation is not there.
Still better than most managers that the Albion have had, however, when I am a pensioner & look back over our managers records over the years, I doubt all said & done Gus will make the top 5.

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
What I don't understand is some people's 100 % belief that its all over. Yes we might not get there, but win the next 2 home games and could, with just a couple of results going our way, be in 6th. Look at it both ways people.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Nope. Lets get realistic. Maybe next season?

However, Poyet won't change the tactics.

Think we will finish well outside the playoffs on points. Can't see a win next Saturday either.

So long as we finish higher up the table than last year, it will be progress.

This. always This

Mar 10, 2006
We won't make it and the simple reason is that we aren't capable of putting a winning run together. We will need a run of 6 or 7 games to hoist ourselves into the top 6 and cement a place there. Too often we shoot ourselves in the foot and we aren't ruthless enough - expect a stop start stuttering finish to the season seeing us finish 8th.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Agree. As its not in his nature to try something different & is too cautious, he won't make the highest grade.
Just hasn't got that extra hunger. Suppose because he has been successful as a player, the money motivation is not there.
Still better than most managers that the Albion have had, however, when I am a pensioner & look back over our managers records over the years, I doubt all said & done Gus will make the top 5.

This 100% this,,,,with the tools at his disposal,Poyet is average.Very average,,any manager worth his salt would have us where we are now.If not a lot higher.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I'm actually strangely positive and I'm normally a glass half full empty type person. Trying to make myself feel that way TBH because being negative was making me not want to go anymore!!

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
As a wiseman once said - "The players need a cuddle".

We don't seem to have the self-belief that is necessary to put together a decent run at the moment, so i can't see it happening*

*Que a Readingesque unbeaten run until the end of the season :albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here