Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] We Were Rubbish Too.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think people are missing the point that Bournemouth were far better than us all over the park. There wasn't one position that they were weaker than us.

Their midfield was fast, accurate, combatative and got the ball forward to two excellent strikers. Their small number 24 was one of the best players I have seen at the Amex and the sort of player we should have looked at...but of course our manager thinks that the abilities of a midfielder is to hold it and slow the game down, not dominate games.

Let's be honest here, 5-0 didn't flatter Bournemouth and they could have scored in the second minute...and that should have rang alarm bells just how quickly they broke and for a better touch, it would have started earlier. They took us apart all over the pitch and if we do end up staying up, they should rerun that video over and over again as an example how to dominate a poor side.

My only comment on knockhaert challenge was that it could have ended that guy's career. It was an appalling flying lunge and stephens quite rightly read knocky the riot act when going off....ther was also no bloody point...he wasn't going anywhere apart from banging it upfield. Totally brainless and if he is our playmaker, that challenge and sending off , depriving us of 3 games, then it could be the challenge that takes us down.

Anyway move on...I am in Madeira next week so will look on the bbc for the result!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think people are missing the point that Bournemouth were far better than us all over the park. There wasn't one position that they were weaker than us.

I don't think they are missing that point. This sort of sentiment holds water when the opposition's bench is worth more than our squad, when the opposition have a starting 11 of reserves who would walk into our team, because their first team are being rested for an upcoming champions league team.

That a #teamlikebournemouth was so much better than us is what is most upsetting. Bournemouth haven't squandered their premier league riches on £50m players. They are not a top six side. They are one of the few teams in this division that we should be competitive against. We were not even close to competitive against them, that is why fans are being so critical.

It also seems like an odd point to make in a thread that is about the performance of the fans. The fans typically still perform when we are against teams that are better than us. We didn't yesterday.

Last edited:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I don't think they are. This sort of sentiment holds water when the opposition's bench is worth more than our squad, when the opposition have a starting 11 of reserves who would walk into our team, because their first team are being rested for an upcoming champions league team.

That a #teamlikebournemouth was so much better than us is what is most upsetting. Bournemouth haven't squandered their premier league riches on £50m players. They are not a top six side. They are one of the few teams in this division that we should be competitive against. We were not even close to competitive against them, that is why fans are being so critical.

It also seems like an odd point to make in a thread that is about the performance of the fans. The fans typically still perform when we are against teams that are better than us. We didn't yesterday.

They've also got a damn' good manager who encourages attractive football.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

I know you like to be a pedant on this board pointing out where you think people should be posting, but simply..get a life. I'll post where the f hell I like on a boardbrun by a set of moderators. If they don't like it they will move it.

You are very strange

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
we are all customers and as such leave when ever we want to personally I have and always will stay until the end

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Bournemouth have won 3 times in 2019. West Ham, Huddersfield, Brighton. Let that sink in for a moment. We were only the third team they’d beaten in 2019. The last time they won away was to Huddersfield.

If anyone thinks Bournemouth are a substantially better team than us then they’re crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
We had our one and only pitiful attempt on goal after about 85min. Like it or not if the team look disinterested and clueless there is hardly going to be a wall of noise coming from the stands.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Bournemouth are not that good. That should nail it home even to the most ignorant Brighton supporter that we are utter gash. We have won 2 games this year, one was lucky against our rivals, the other against the worst team in PL history.

That CH still has a job is a serious question. As I said last night TB must be sweating on the biggest gamble of his life.

clockend1983

Apr 1, 2010
Bournemouth have won 3 times in 2019. West Ham, Huddersfield, Brighton. Let that sink in for a moment. We were only the third team they’d beaten in 2019. The last time they won away was to Huddersfield.

If anyone thinks Bournemouth are a substantially better team than us then they’re crazy

They were yesterday

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
We had our one and only pitiful attempt on goal after about 85min. Like it or not if the team look disinterested and clueless there is hardly going to be a wall of noise coming from the stands.

We had chances in the first half an hour. I was bemoaning the lack of Murray because there were balls into the strikers that he would have lapped up. Bournemouth also had chances, but we were not outclassed. Once their first goal went in they started to dominate, but it wasn't until the sending off that we collapsed. We lost our shape, seemingly caught in two minds about whether to go for it or consolidate and that was ideal for a Bournemouth side that has the pace and directness to flourish in space. By the time the third one went in our players looked like they, like half the stadium, just wanted to go home. The second half was traumatic, and I specifically said in my opening post that I don't blame anyone for their reaction to that.

What I am saying is that when the first goal went in we in the crowd gave up. No moaning about defensive tactics, or poor technique will justify that if we repeat it on Tuesday. We are there to support and the result is all that matters. When we played Cardiff up there, we were leading and cruising and their team looked disinterested and clueless. A fluke goal got them back in and then two decisions went the way of the home crowd. Had the Cardiff fans decided that their team wasn't worth supporting after going behind, we may have been going into Tuesday's game eleven points in front of them.

We are Brighton fans. We have faced far far worse things than poor form and a struggle to score goals. It wasn't an excuse for us to not give our all in the much poorer run of games we fought through when Hughton scraped us to safety in his first season and it's no excuse now. If we give our total support and end up disappointed, that's football, but if we don't give it everything and lose, we fans will have to admit some culpability.

rgb

Jan 14, 2014

And the 4-0 defeat of Chelsea on 30th January...?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here