Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We WERE crap - but the ref doomed us...

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Everyone's been very fair about how bad we were last night, particularly in the first half - but we've been too easy on the ref.

Just seen the penalty again, and there appears to be NO contact at all. So how is that a spot-kick AND second yellow.

Plymouth deserved their lead at the break, but I'm sure at just one down we'd have had a good go at them after a half-time rollicking. Too many players were below par, but the ref must also rate as one of the worst I've seen at Withdean.

wilderabeast

Jul 27, 2004
The Promised Land
hear hear Trueblue the ref was on a par with that turkey Prosser just been on the Plymouth site and they agreed it was no Pen and our player was very harshly sent off. They also comented they new what to expect of the reff as he has a reputation for being sh*TE and he has done them over a few times

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Yes the ref was an absolute tosser last night, can be no doubt about that, but I think everybody has rightly skated around that issue, because he wasn't the reason we were so utterly awful last night.

There was not one positive to take from the game, which for me is a big concern. That's two games so far where we have looked a yard shorter than our opponents. Reading I can understand, but Plymouth came up with us, and for me there is no excuse for them looking like they were hungrier than us in every department.

I think everybody knew we were going to struggle this year, and the fact that we have only been able to strengthen the side to the degree we have demonstrates our limited ability to compete at this level. That's not Dick Knight's fault, it's not Mark McGhee's fault, that's just endicitative of the situation we find ourselves in, but I think everybody's frustration comes down to the fact we rolled over so easily last night, and that is the bit that concerns everybody when we've still got to play much better team than Plymouth.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Plymouth were a much better side than us last season and it proved to be the case again last night.

We were shocked to get promoted lets be honest, We robbed Swindon over both games.

This is a bonus to be in championship but we have a side which is top half div 1 which has not been strengthened at all, Currie, do me a favour !.

If we stay up McGhee will be hailed by me as the new messiah.

Wotton is God

Jan 6, 2004
Bad luck last night lads, the ref was indeed dodgy to say the least, and it did look like Marino Keith made the most of the challenge on him.
Having said that, I thought the Albion had a real off night - similar to what Argyle had in the same fixture last season - and the 3 points went to the right team even if the manner of victory wasn't satisfactory. Argyle had some key players missing, but those that came in are fighting for a place and did well. Our new summer signings (Lasley, Crawford & Milne of which you saw last night) are classy and I think with this strengthening Argyle will surprise a few people this season (though I can't see us still being 2nd come May!), so don't be too despondent about your start to the season.
Best of luck for the rest of the season (12th March excepted), hope you sort things out and finish at least 21st!

wilderabeast

Jul 27, 2004
The Promised Land
cheers wooton. To right it was a bad day at the office for us the thing that gets me is we have a very young team who need the support of the crowd. I bet you lot get behind your players when things are not going well rather then sitting there moaning. The trouble with us lot is we are extremley fickle. Mcghee has told us all along its going to be no picnic and that we will have our disapointments but i don't no what our home support expects away our support is first class as was yours last night, all the best for the rest the season and all credit to you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here