Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We want Hyypia out! - A very modern protest

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Actually, that's not a bad idea!

No, really, it isn't a bad idea. Everybody could still watch the match, support the team, do everything that 'loyal' fans are supposed to do, but if there was a complete boycott of pies and pints for one match, that would certainly be noticed by the hierarchy. Would it be physically that difficult to get through half time without a pie and a pint, for once?

I've tried it. It's impossible.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Oh well.

Have I missed any exciting updates in the last 24hrs? I'm guessing not...

Only this...

B4gDm60IYAA0snE.jpg

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
The empty spaces in the ground in front of the TV cameras might be telling
It will be empty too,.... night game travel, cold weather, Millwall thugs, our poor performances, boards vote of confidence in 'flipper', Sky game.... all mounts up to a half empty/full stadium...... bums on seats=15k

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I don't have twitter... Now what

Well, you've been missing out on stuff about ladies and football, advertising opportunities, videos of Martin Perry and ALL SORTS, I tell ya.

Larry

Feb 11, 2011
Get BARBER OUT NOW before its to late ,he is the problem.The club could be run far better whithout HIM.With him gone good MANAGERS would come to our club.BARBER must GO.

Peter_Taylor

Dec 7, 2014
Storrington
Come on fella support the team.

Are you one the people involved in the mass walk-outs with 10 minutes to go at the Amex?
The team won't feel loved watching all their so-called supporters streaming out again.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I unfollowed a while ago. I refuse to have anything social media orientated with the club whilst you have to pay for highlights/interviews (without subtitles) and whilst the website is a disgrace.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I don't have twitter... Now what

You get to do anything your heart desires, you can go out and have fun or just being able to enjoy your life rather than waste it having to check and then get worked up and stressed out about seemingly trivial things on a social media platform with tweets about various topics and issues which everyone managed to live their lives without having to know for a very long time beforehand but has suddenly seemed essential information and has taken on such importance to so many lives in recent years.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't it make more sense to bombard the Albion's Twitter feed with negative messages, or create a #binthefinn hashtag to create pressure?

Granted you're then identifying yourself as someone who is trying to pressure the club into doing something they clearly don't want to do at present, and perhaps sticking your head clearly above the parapet is something you'd rather not do.

Either way, using social media to effect change seems to be the best way of using it, rather than abandoning it as a resource entirely.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
i am having a separate protest about early leefers and going for a poo on 83 mins.....you are all welcome to join me

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't it make more sense to bombard the Albion's Twitter feed with negative messages, or create a #binthefinn hashtag to create pressure?

Granted you're then identifying yourself as someone who is trying to pressure the club into doing something they clearly don't want to do at present, and perhaps sticking your head clearly above the parapet is something you'd rather not do.

Either way, using social media to effect change seems to be the best way of using it, rather than abandoning it as a resource entirely.

Some are already doing that - have you seen the replies to official updates on Facebook?!

(Unfollowing @OfficialBHAFC is not abandoning Twitter as a resource)

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
If everyone starts singing Bin the Finn tomorrow, the sociologists from Varndean are going to have a field day. Add some anti-Finland racism to their growing list of potential seminar topics. 'You're just a bunch of, err, rally drivers...javelin throwers...elk hunters...'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here