Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We underestimated our caravan dwelling neighbours

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
You are joking, right ?

Based on last season it is still % play, battling type of football, but winning the second ball is what makes Palace a danger. And then a long raking ball wide stretching the opposing defence. This ups the tempo of the game and makes Palace a difficult challenge and the opposition have to be careful, that's all.

How on earth could you possibly base our style of play on how we played last season? Most of our starting XI is completely different to last year, as are our tactics. Ward, Bolasie, Moritz, Delaney, etc. are all first team players that have made a massive difference since joining at the end of the summer.

Last year we were a very tough team to break down with one of the best defenses in the division, however we rarely scored and didn't often venture forward. This year, we're a massively attacking team and with Wilfried and Bolasie (the best wing duo in the division) we have trickery and pace to burn.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Oh dear ...Seaside mate...who has,with Tranmere the best defence in the league so far this season....remember at one time last season you were 9 points in front of us...look what happened then....if you hang on to your diver,...er I mean Zaha you will finish quite well...but I can't see that happening come January. Then what will you do....?

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Oh dear ...Seaside mate...who has,with Tranmere the best defence in the league so far this season....remember at one time last season you were 9 points in front of us...look what happened then....if you hang on to your diver,...er I mean Zaha you will finish quite well...but I can't see that happening come January. Then what will you do....?

Then what will we do? We'll spend the £10m we would have just received, I'd imagine. With that kind of cash to throw about we'd probably make the top 6 anyway.

Of course it's not likely he'll go in January. CPFC2010 have already said that they won't sell anyone if the playoffs looks like a possibility. Wilf has stated many times that he loves it at Palace and is in no rush to leave.

Don't compare us to our side last season. We are far better than we were last year. The fact that you're not conceding means a lot less when you're struggling to score.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Boing!

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
It ain't over yet boys! These things have a nasty habit of coming back to bite you in the arse!

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
You can believe this if you really want to. The facts say otherwise. I am actually loving this. The sight of us just above you in the table is sweet. The fact we made such a bad start and you started so well makes it even better. Bring it on! This is what makes the rivallry special!
However this time around we are the real deal. Yes, I know you won't believe it, we are shit, live in a caravan etc etc but at the moment we are unplayable!
I'm a Palace fan of over 35 years and I have to say that this team is amongst the best I have seen. The turnaround in the last couple of months is incredible. I really cant explain how Dougie has changed his tactics almost overnight but the players he has signed have been inspirational.
Enjoy trying for the the play-offs Seaweed! (thats if you don't do your usual xmas decoration act)
We will already be up!

You tell 'em.
Oh.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It ain't over yet boys! These things have a nasty habit of coming back to bite you in the arse!

You've got to beat Peterborough first sausage! Scared? Do give a thought to the 26k+ Albion supporters on Saturday won't you, we're all having a massive party with no pressure at all while you'll be browning your panties as Peterborough move heaven & earth to get the three points. It would be the funniest thing ever if you miss out now sausage!

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
You can believe this if you really want to. The facts say otherwise. I am actually loving this. The sight of us just above you in the table is sweet. The fact we made such a bad start and you started so well makes it even better. Bring it on! This is what makes the rivallry special!
However this time around we are the real deal. Yes, I know you won't believe it, we are shit, live in a caravan etc etc but at the moment we are unplayable!
I'm a Palace fan of over 35 years and I have to say that this team is amongst the best I have seen. The turnaround in the last couple of months is incredible. I really cant explain how Dougie has changed his tactics almost overnight but the players he has signed have been inspirational.
Enjoy trying for the the play-offs Seaweed! (thats if you don't do your usual xmas decoration act)
We will already be up!

LOL hun. Xxx

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
You've got to beat Peterborough first sausage! Scared? Do give a thought to the 26k+ Albion supporters on Saturday won't you, we're all having a massive party with no pressure at all while you'll be browning your panties as Peterborough move heaven & earth to get the three points. It would be the funniest thing ever if you miss out now sausage!

No we don't. A draw will do.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Hmm..Boro & Leicester eh? :lol:

Lads, look, I really don't care who you have. You are still failing to understand how strong we are now. It really doesn't matter who we are both playing. Get used to it. For some reason we are now the REAL DEAL. Superb signings and a change in management philosophy have done the trick.
You really will be in our wake for the whole season.
See you in December weeds.

can you suck my big 4th placed balls please.
ill pay your benefits for a whole month if you do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here