Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

we need a SONG or learn the lyrics of GOSBTS

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
been looking on youtube and its got me thinking we really need a SONG , a club theme song . i no some may arrgue GOSBTS is ours but its not really a SONG if we dont sing the lyrics

I think we should get a fresh new song or learn the lyrics of GOSBTS, can you imagine walking out to it at the amex singing all the lyrics

Last edited:

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
You are either a wind up or six years old.

f*** OFF

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
why the constant posts going on and on about needing new chants/what chants do we have/did the stupid elliott bennett thingy get going.... it's getting rather tiresome

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
No it's a pasta dish isn't it. All these years I've been cheerfully belting out a pasta dish. I feel really foolish now!

its more of a chant, isnt it

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
why the constant posts going on and on about needing new chants/what chants do we have/did the stupid elliott bennett thingy get going.... it's getting
rather tiresome

ok im sorry , i will stop now , but surley improving our list of songs is a good thing

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
Of course we have a song... GOSBTS. It's just a shame we can't sing the real words to the verse rather than "der der da der da der derrr". If we could all learn them, we would have a great song.

Really f***s me off, people talking about different run out music, different song etc. We have one.

Anything else would make us just like everyone else, even FBS songs are used by other teams.

GOSBTS also has our history, with the added poignancy of those singing it on their way to Flanders and the fields of poppies.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
ok im sorry , i will stop now , but surley improving our list of songs is a good thing

I agree that a few new chants would be good but don't go on about it after every game :thumbsup:

And 99% of "new" chants on here never even get an airing

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
IF we need a new song (and we dont) I vote for someone to create it who can spell. I know it doesn't matter when you sing it if your spelling is wrong, but when you get asked to write it down and you can't spell no (know) then it makes you look a little ... well .... daft.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Of course we have a song... GOSBTS. It's just a shame we can't sing the real words to the verse rather than "der der da der da der derrr". If we could all learn them, we would have a great song.

Really f***s me off, people talking about different run out music, different song etc. We have one.

Anything else would make us just like everyone else, even FBS songs are used by other teams.

GOSBTS also has our history, with the added poignancy of those singing it on their way to Flanders and the fields of poppies.

i agree , if we all learn the words it would be a cracker.

go on mate start a thread with the lyrics
it would be grate to sing the proper version as we head to the amex

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing

Good point about knowing the words and maybe, as a mark of respect, the programme for the last Withdean game or first Amex game should show the lyrics so a proper rendition could be arranged as a closing or opening ceremony?

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Now is the time for marching
Now let your hearts be gay
Hark to the merry bugles
Sounding along our way
So let your voices ring, my boys,
And take the time from me
And I'll sing you a song, as we march along,
Of Sussex by the Sea.

For we're the men from Sussex
Sussex by the sea,
We plough and sow and reap and mow,
And useful men we are we:
And when you go from Sussex,
Whoever you may be,
You tell them all that we stand or fall
For Sussex by the sea.

Oh, Sussex, Sussex by the sea
Good old Sussex by the Sea
You may tell them all that we stand or fall
For Sussex by the sea.

Light is the love of a soldier
That's what the ladies say
Lightly he goes a-wooing
Lightly he rides away,
In love and war, we always are
As fair as fair can be,
And a soldier boy is the ladies joy
In Sussex by the sea.

For Sussex by the sea.

Far o'er the seas we wander
Wide through the world we roam,
Far from the kind hearts yonder
Far from our dear old home,
But never shall we forget my boys
And true we'll ever be
To the girls so kind that we left behind
In Sussex by the sea.

For Sussex by the sea.

well change some lyrics but this could be AMAZING if we learn them but i doubt that will happen .
mabey the club can play the full lyrics at the withers and then the amex , we will all get use to them im sure

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Eh? Not meaning to be rude but how long have you been going to watch the Albion? I, and many other Albion fans, know the first two verses off by heart. We sang them at Orient a week or two back.

No need to change any lyrics. The tune has managed to keep going for the last 100 years and I dare say will be when you and I are long gone to a better place. The club do play the tune every game twice and all you have to do is learn the words and sing along. GOSBTS is our song. I thought every Albion fan knew that.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I was going to ask the age of Mr Terminator as well. Seems odd to post on the club fans forum that you don't know the words to our song.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
yes they play the tune , but not the lyrics
it will be a nice touch dont you think ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here