Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We need a big centre forward

I thought the interchange play between TShearer and Corlunga was excellent moving forward fast

Yes, a total joy to watch - when we talk about watching more entertaining football under Sami, this is what we mean right here

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
No we don't. A bit more luck in front of goal today and we woukd have scored a few more.

This big centre forward isn't needed in this new system

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Disagree. Think we just need to keep our shots and crosses low rather than shanking them all over the bar.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Final piece in the jigsaw for me, get some height in the side and we could finish top six, we only seem to have one tall player who has scored 3 goals already which isn't enough we need a big striker.

Have you been watching any of the matches? We're playing more balls to feet rather than lumping it into the box for striker.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Unless you're going to persist knocking high balls in the box with two 5'8 strikers

Most of the play was on the deck. We were hardly route 1.
Can see no need for another striker who is not going to suit how we play. We had some really good chances today and the football was good. It needs tine to develop. When it does we will be a hard team to stop

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Have you been watching any of the matches? We're playing more balls to feet rather than lumping it into the box for striker.

But taller people have bigger feet don't though so will surely push their canoes into more dangerous positions than a small, four-inch-footed player. As long as something is bigger about them, the better.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
For me it was like watching a quicker version of the last two years , dominate posession break quickly then void of any idea when we get to there box . Hopefully this break will give Sami time to find a way of unlocking these teams that put 10/11 men behind the ball . If we r not getting a tall striker in then keep the bloody ball on the deck and deliver some quality crosses Cms really poor today but to
B fair he fed on shite all game although his first touch is letting him down badly

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Disagree. Seen enough today to suggest we have enough already to compete for a top 6 place.

Pace, hunger, hard work and ability. Outweighs 'height' everyday of the week.

Not when you are playing against giant, physical CB's it doesn't. We desperately need a presence against big lumps of defenders...... As was proven because both f our goals came from a big man....

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Disagree. Seen enough today to suggest we have enough already to compete for a top 6 place.

Pace, hunger, hard work and ability. Outweighs 'height' everyday of the week.

This. It would have helped if we hadn't conceded early and enable Charlton to sit back a bit. But even though they parked the bus we still had some brilliant chances: Tex producing a point blank save straight after the first goal; Colunga firing the shot on the turn over from 6 yards; CMS going inches wide with a volley on the turn; Tex with a 1 on 1 and having his lay off to Colunga cut off (he should have shot himself). That's not to mention the 12 corners we won - law of averages says that on of the big men are going to get on the end of at least one of them eventually.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Yes and no we do have COG who I think can and will do a job it was he was not on the subs bench so was not an option today having said that there back four were all big and apart from the two corners and a defender outnumbering the defenders I think they would have dealt worth COG, what made a difference was the additional forwards with pace as they could get behind and turn them

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Final piece in the jigsaw for me, get some height in the side and we could finish top six, we only seem to have one tall player who has scored 3 goals already which isn't enough we need a big striker.

We just need Sam Baldock to be given a couple of 90 minute runouts to see if he is a suitable Ashley Barnes replacement. Wasn't O'Grady supposed to be the big bloke up front? That went well then :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here