Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We missed Barnes...

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Creativity in the final third and poaching chances in the penalty area were exactly what we lacked at times today, I know I'm going to get flamed but I think we really missed him tonight.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Not having a pop at you here BTW but Barnes is mentioned so much now he deserves his own section on NSC

Dec 29, 2011
No-one at the back post for about three balls Vicente put in, I think Barnes might have been there to knock them in. Certainly need someone coming in from the other side, Orlandi plays too central.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Absolute rubbish, we could not have had more creativity in the final third.
It's just that their keeper had an unbelievable night with great saves or everything hitting him. Another night we would have had a hatful.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A) Which Barnes? Arsenal or Bolton.

2) Who's fault is it that we are 'missing' him?

C) How many points v weds :lol: and how many points since?

Feb 14, 2010
Did we miss chances and draw 1-1 after dominating the game? Sounds like exactly what happens when Barnes plays to me. We miss Murray, but CMS or Barnes? Much of a muchness

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Absolute rubbish, we could not have had more creativity in the final third.
It's just that their keeper had an unbelievable night with great saves or everything hitting him. Another night we would have had a hatful.

We hit most of our chances straight at the keeper and dithered many, many times on the edge of the area.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
A) Which Barnes? Arsenal or Bolton.

2) Who's fault is it that we are 'missing' him?

C) How many points v weds :lol: and how many points since?
None of that is particularly relevant. I'm just saying we missed his goal scoring instinct in front of goal. Despite most of the tripe spouted on here I still think he's the best finisher at the club.

Feb 14, 2010
None of that is particularly relevant. I'm just saying we missed his goal scoring instinct in front of goal. Despite most of the tripe spouted on here I still think he's the best finisher at the club.

Oh I see this is a wind up or you are related to him or maybe his agent. The only instinct he has shown at Brighton is that he needs 5 chances to score 1. If only we had not given Murray away.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
A, 2, c?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Every bit of it is totally relevant.

Why did we miss Barnes tonight?
Because his a petulant fuckin idiot, who couldn't see a good thing when it hits him in the chops.

Barnes is the player capable of playing Arsenal off the pitch.
But also capable of not even showing up, a la the year of last year.

Gus' brave new world, as seen on Sat and tonight, didn't get a chance because of Barnes, going some way to costing us 3 points.

Quite how a liability can be so badly missed is beyond me.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Every bit of it is totally relevant.

Why did we miss Barnes tonight?
Because his a petulant fuckin idiot, who couldn't see a good thing when it hits him in the chops.

Barnes is the player capable of playing Arsenal off the pitch.
But also capable of not even showing up, a la the year of last year.

Gus' brave new world, as seen on Sat and tonight, didn't get a chance because of Barnes, going some way to costing us 3 points.

Quite how a liability can be so badly missed is beyond me.

Another Barnes hater then. zzzzzz, we would have lost against Sheff Wed anyway. I agree Barnes needs to sort his temperament out but he's still young and in my opinion is the best striker at the club. I kind of hope he does move on to a new club where he's more appreciated instead of one where he's constantly moaned about.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Another Barnes hater then. zzzzzz, we would have lost against Sheff Wed anyway. I agree Barnes needs to sort his temperament out but he's still young and in my opinion is the best striker at the club. I kind of hope he does move on to a new club where he's more appreciated instead of one where he's constantly moaned about.
Nope not a hater, I think I'm the only person who viewed Barnes as meh. :shrug:

He was excellent and my MoM v Arsenal.
He was sh*te through December.

We are not going to win games in this division when down to 10 men.
When that decision is so blatant even your own manager agrees, you're a tool.

So to say we missed Barnes last night couldn't be further from the truth, as we have no idea which Barnes would have played.

He has been responsible for his own downfall, and that of the team, the last think he should get is half cocked 'praise'.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Creativity in the final third and poaching chances in the penalty area were exactly what we lacked at times today, I know I'm going to get flamed but I think we really missed him tonight.

Not entirelly convinced he would've put the chances away but I'm certain he would've headed the corner clear that they scored from.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here