Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We missed Barnes tonight

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Yes I've said it, but he would've buried them chances and got no credit, it would have been said "anyone could've scored that'.

The future is bright, the future is Marmite

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I heard a lot of chat in the stands, bogs and concourse tonight................

................none of it was '' f***, we well missed Barnes tonight''

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Gus got it soot on tonight. Pure bad luck cost us a lot. Well done Gus .. the attacking gamble paid off in terms of how the game went - we dominated and created loads.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Gus got it soot on tonight. Pure bad luck cost us a lot. Well done Gus .. the attacking gamble paid off in terms of how the game went - we dominated and created loads.

I wouldn't say bad luck, I'd say a tendency to shoot straight at the keeper cost us (and falling behind).

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint

I agree, don't get me wrong Barnes wasn't available, but if he played the Hoskins role I think we would have won. Do you remember the Arsenal header?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I wouldn't say bad luck, I'd say a tendency to shoot straight at the keeper cost us (and falling behind).

Twice point blank the ball luckily hit the keeper. That's a lot of luck. Goal if not lucky..

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
We missed Barnes tonight

No what we missed tonight was sitters......... 3 or 4 of them.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Goal if to the left or right of the keeper, too.

Goal if not hit so well too for the header.. Another bit of bad luck was being on the end of some ridiculous decisions by shocking officials...

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Barnes seems to make sitters, but gets no credit imo

Don't really understand that but if you mean he sets chances up and gets little credit then you may be right but we made more than enough chances to have won tonight. Barnes or no Barnes.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
It's easy to say he would have scored from those chances but would those chances have come had he been on the field and not someone else? Every player on the field changes the game.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Yes I've said it, but he would've buried them chances and got no credit, it would have been said "anyone could've scored that'.

The future is bright, the future is Marmite

oh jeeze :ffsparr:

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
We missed Barnes tonight

No what we missed tonight was sitters......... 3 or 4 of them.

I think CMS should have come on for Hoskins - the balls being put into the box by Vicente were perfect for CMS - it would have been playing to his style for once.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I think CMS should have come on for Hoskins - the balls being put into the box by Vicente were perfect for CMS - it would have been playing to his style for once.

I was surprised Gus brought Orlandi onto replace Hoskins - although I thought he did well - expecting CMS to come on, keeping a similar shape. We didn't move their central defenders around enough I thought. It made life hard for Ulloa.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
From the exact same thread that got got moved to 'other stuff' last night.

Nope not a hater, I think I'm the only person who viewed Barnes as meh. :shrug:

He was excellent and my MoM v Arsenal.
He was sh*te through December.

We are not going to win games in this division when down to 10 men.
When that decision is so blatant even your own manager agrees, you're a tool.

So to say we missed Barnes last night couldn't be further from the truth, as we have no idea which Barnes would have played.

He has been responsible for his own downfall, and that of the team, the last thing he should get is half cocked 'praise'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here