Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We might stay up on goal difference

Northstandfan

Dec 14, 2014
Mid sussex
You're thinking of the Chesterfield game in the FA Cup.
The game was ordered to be replayed

Sorry you right, It was AFC Wimbledon. I copied and pasted below from sky sport website. They only got a £5 grand fine.
Rotherham are currently in 21st place in the Championship table and seven points clear of the relegation zone, but could face a points deduction if they are found guilty - AFC Wimbledon were deducted three points for the same offence last season in a 4-3 victory over Cheltenham.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I cannot see any reason why we should be given any points, Rotherham lose theirs yes but none to us.
There is a reason.

Everyone starts each game at 0-0 and with a point. Our point was taken away by a team fielding in illegal player.

The only real fair outcome is for the match to be voided and replayed. Then no one can argue.

I reckon the FL are waiting until after Tuesday to see if we are safe and don't care.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
There is a reason.

Everyone starts each game at 0-0 and with a point. Our point was taken away by a team fielding in illegal player.

The only real fair outcome is for the match to be voided and replayed. Then no one can argue.

I reckon the FL are waiting until after Tuesday to see if we are safe and don't care.[/QUOTErd]

That is not true. we start at 0-0 but no points until after 63rd minute, I think it is, when the score stands anything before and the game is replayed. So the outcome has got to be them lose the points as a penalty for the offence but the score stand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here