Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'we love you' vs Barnsley

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
I saw this at silly o'clock last night and was going to post that RRH would be all over this like a rash. I was right. More predictable than summer following spring. :wanker:

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I wasn't too keen on it at first but it's growing on me and anyway I chose to be in the North so I could be in the main singing area and if thats what evryone else is singing I'm going to sing it too at the top of my voice (takes a deep breath).

BHAryan

BHAryan
Feb 8, 2011
Worthing
I think the people who moan about this song should just sing it..they may hate it but if everyone who moans just stopped and sung it then it adds more noise to lift the team

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
The wooooaaaaahhhhh bits sound good, but the reason Palace's version sounds so much better is because they all sing the WE LOVE YOU bits in between. Their lyrics are actually even worse than ours, but because everyone sings them and not just the wooooooooooooaaaaaaaahhhhhs it sounds much better.
Absolutely this.

Thought it was one of the best songs sung on Sunday, sounded brilliant. I think people really got behind it more as we'd just gone 2-0 up so people were naturally inclined to make some noise. I sang it in WSL I Block, which for most of the game was pretty dead due to it being infested with families and seemingly disinterested women, but it managed to catch on there too. Unfortunately I heard 'the north stand' more than 'we are Brighton, Brighton, Brighton' but if most people were singing the latter version, then well done to them as it'll help it succeed in the long run!

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
I'm becoming more and more convinced that RRH is a bad attempt at a wind-up account.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
I'm becoming more and more convinced that RRH is a bad attempt at a wind-up account.

If that were true it would be a weight off everyone's mind I'm sure. Rather unfortunately, I'm inclined to believe it's true, he genuinely is just an utter plum.

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
:facepalm:

"Good effort lads, it's a little bit louder, soon the away fans might hear us, keep going! Keep rehearsing so that when we play Palace away we can make them so proud of our singing"

What a bunch of embarrassing nigels you lot are. f***ing hell..

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Just watched the moment where we sang it on the Barnsley Player full game replay and it sounded brilliant. Glad we're singing it again.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
:facepalm:

"Good effort lads, it's a little bit louder, soon the away fans might hear us, keep going! Keep rehearsing so that when we play Palace away we can make them so proud of our singing"

What a bunch of embarrassing nigels you lot are. f***ing hell..

Urm, I can't quite recall anybody saying that, but make up your own quote to give yourself that bit of satisfaction. Nigels? Pretty sure that's you lot. Oh and if we're so embarrassing then why on earth have you been signed up to our forum for the last 7 years you f***ing muppet.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
seriously lads, cringing for you.

For the record, I am a palace fan and I f***ing hate the song, but at least we give it a good cover.

A good cover? You sing the same words as St Pauli except from 'palace' of course.

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
Urm, I can't quite recall anybody saying that, but make up your own quote to give yourself that bit of satisfaction. Nigels? Pretty sure that's you lot. Oh and if we're so embarrassing then why on earth have you been signed up to our forum for the last 7 years you f***ing muppet.
Nope, with threads like this and "shall we wave a scarf at Southampton?" It's definitely you lot Gav.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Nope, with threads like this and "shall we wave a scarf at Southampton?" It's definitely you lot Gav.

You're giving false quotes. Not being funny but when your lot started the ultra stuff I bet it took some time for it to go well and for people to get use to it. It's not really embarrassing trying to get an atmosphere going is it? And for the record It's not your song and we didn't "nick it".

wizo7

Man Met Massive
Dec 17, 2008
Bolney
It would be good if we could repeat it a few times, because we seem to struggle after the first set of "Wooooooaaahh's"

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

<mod: abusive comment removed>

Last edited by a moderator:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Blimey, this thread is being heavily moderated, isn't it?

This place is getting worse and worse. I'm all up for stopping people being over the top, but it's hardly been an offensive thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here