Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

we HAVE held talks with

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
It's a creative one, but let down by lack of research unfortunately, in that Mainz just appointed a new manager this month after the departure of the guy behind their success in recent years, Thomas Tuchel. And it isn't this Christian Heidel fella, whoever he is.

The aforementioned Tuchel, by the way would be an incredible appointment, but is understandably being courted by much bigger top flight clubs around Europe. Think he's keen to take a year out also.

Oh don't spoil it. Presumably signing a player then? ???

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
It's a creative one, but let down by lack of research unfortunately, in that Mainz just appointed a new manager this month after the departure of the guy behind their success in recent years, Thomas Tuchel. And it isn't this Christian Heidel fella, whoever he is.

The aforementioned Tuchel, by the way would be an incredible appointment, but is understandably being courted by much bigger top flight clubs around Europe. Think he's keen to take a year out also.

i know nothing but wikipedia suggests otherwise

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
With regards to Burke, it seems telling that our only signing has been a player tracked since January.
No other player has even been rumoured with us.

That's not to say there aren't deals in the offing, but for the moment, at least, it does give credence to the policy of manager getting the last say.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
i know nothing but wikipedia suggests otherwise
I haven't looked.. but in Germany their sporting director type figures are often referred to as "managers", while the men who take charge of the team every Saturday are "coaches". Might explain it?

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
Still a bit concerned that we are going down the "coach" route rather than manager. Implies to me that players are chosen and bought to a formula and style based on price rather than on a squad chosen to win promotion.

tony bloom has said the new appointment will be called 'manager'. but, i don't see what it matters - he will run the team - who cares what he's called

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here