Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We have gone 300 Premier League minutes without a goal

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
The nine FA Cup goals against weaker opposition have glossed over the fact that we're not scoring in the Premier League anymore.

Long gone is the statistic where we were scoring every game. All of a sudden we have a goal scoring problem.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
The nine FA Cup goals against weaker opposition have glossed over the fact that we're not scoring in the Premier League anymore.

Long gone is the statistic where we were scoring every game. All of a sudden we have a goal scoring problem.
Please don't give the troll oxygen!

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
We're so so unbalanced at the moment. No fit wingers and desperately lacking some defensive capabilities in the middle of the park. No surprise really.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East

How many minutes since you started a thread?

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Rather than square pegs in round holes it would be nice to see the manager change our shape to counter act this

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
What I want to know is how many minutes have you gone without a flounce? We must be due for the next installment soon, surely?
I'm looking forward to it and have hedged against the inevitable hit to NSC finances that will follow by snagging the username Mustafa III, which I will hold to ransom.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
I agree with you. We’re the most boring team to watch. Never score goals. RDZ out. :moo::moo::moo:
That's not the point.

Aside from last night, I still enjoyed the football in the previous 0-0 draws, although others didn't.

I was hoping to initiate discussion to gain some insight as to what is going on, but it seems some NSCers find it very challenging to discuss difficult or challenging problems with the team, and prefer to stick their fingers in their ears like petulant toddlers.

For me, it highlights how absolutely crucial to our style tricky wingers in the Mitoma/Adringa/March mould are... they free up so much space for the rest of the team.

Additionally, Ferguson is well out of form, never looks like scoring these days.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

'Weaker' - love that saying. What massive big bollocks we have now. We should be beating teams like...

Anyway, I digress, so the 300mins starts from when Pedro nets the 4th at home to Spurs. We then pick up our first and then consecutive clean sheets in the PL for 2 points against, can we say 'strong' opposition? I'm sure we can.

In between we're in the 5th round of the FA Cup having scored 9 goals (but they don't count apparently).

This is with Enciso, Mitoma, March, Fati, Adingra all injured, Lamptey only just back, Hinselwood barely out of school having to play pretty much every game, and although not a forward experience like Veltman also injured, as well as suspensions and other absences.

Amazing really how well we've done to this point.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
'Weaker' - love that saying. What massive big bollocks we have now. We should be beating teams like...

I would say it's absolutely valid to say that bottom of the League Sheff Utd and Championship Stoke are 'weaker opposition', as the same would apply to pretty much 18 other Premier League sides who could say the same thing. Nothing to do with big bollocks, it's a pretty objective truth.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Whereas you seem to go no more than 300 minutes without starting yet ANOTHER thread!

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East

Anyway, I digress, so the 300mins starts from when Pedro nets the 4th at home to Spurs. We then pick up our first and then consecutive clean sheets in the PL for 2 points against, can we say 'strong' opposition? I'm sure we can.

In between we're in the 5th round of the FA Cup having scored 9 goals (but they don't count apparently).

This is with Enciso, Mitoma, March, Fati, Adingra all injured, Lamptey only just back, Hinselwood barely out of school having to play pretty much every game, and although not a forward experience like Veltman also injured, as well as suspensions and other absences.

Amazing really how well we've done to this point.
I have to keep checking the table. How are we not adrift at the bottom?!? ???

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I would say it's absolutely valid to say that bottom of the League Sheff Utd and Championship Stoke are 'weaker opposition', as the same would apply to pretty much 18 other Premier League sides who could say the same thing. Nothing to do with big bollocks, it's a pretty objective truth.
The romance of the FA Cup alive and well at chez Mustafa. Objective 'weaker' is irrelevant in the Cup, we have cups, and love the FA Cup BECAUSE it always throws up shocks. You can't then win a game and just chalk it down to - we should be beating them anyway, why would we even celebrate goals against them given they're weaker? Come on, ridiculous really to say 2 away wins in the Cup are effectively irrelevant because you want to make a point about goal scoring.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A pedant writes: isn't it actually 285 minutes? Little bits of added-on time is never included in these kind of stats. It's less-sensational, I appreciate...

Spurs: 15 minutes (Pedro scored in the 75th minute)
West Ham: 90 minutes
Wolves: 90 minutes
Luton: 90 minutes

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
That's not the point.

Aside from last night, I still enjoyed the football in the previous 0-0 draws, although others didn't.

I was hoping to initiate discussion to gain some insight as to what is going on, but it seems some NSCers find it very challenging to discuss difficult or challenging problems with the team, and prefer to stick their fingers in their ears like petulant toddlers.

For me, it highlights how absolutely crucial to our style tricky wingers in the Mitoma/Adringa/March mould are... they free up so much space for the rest of the team.

Additionally, Ferguson is well out of form, never looks like scoring these days.
Re Ferguson. He did well at blades. He finished one nicely but the cross came from someone marginally offside. He was also in a great position to head one in when the defender punched it to give us a pen. We need to be careful to write off fergie. Hat trick coming on Saturday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here